40's on my Explorer! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

40's on my Explorer!

Haha, well maybe not on, but right next to:D:D

I dont think ive ever seen bigger than a 34-35" tire in real life, and even those had bigger wheels, so the tires looked smaller, but my buddy bought an 82' F150 thats lifted like 9" but it only has some off brand 34's (or 33's) on it which are just about bald, but he got through the mud behind my house like nothing and pulled me out with it lol. He only bought the truck for 400, runs good actually, some new stuff, but they just lost interest, then he went yesterday to pick up these 40" Super Swampers for it already mounted to some small beefy rims, he hasnt got them on yet, so we rolled one next to my explorer and DAMN theyre huge :D

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

Explorers are pretty big, but after seeing this tire, they look SO small lol, I just cant imagine some of the guys on here lifted, with huge tires like this, I would lift mine and get bigger tires, but I just cant afford the money for parts to replace from the stress that would be put on them lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now thats a huge and expensive tire haha
You have any pics of your buddy's truck that the tires are going on?

Haha not yet, I meant to before he moved it, hes got it parked at his grandpa's right now (BIG ass heated polebarn with every tool you need haha)

Its ugly on the outside and inside, but damn is it strong haha.

He's making stacks for it when he gets paid next week, and I told him ill do the interior for him haha.

Its got the old knob radio that still works!

I think old beater fords like that are sick. When i graduate from school in 2 years(pending finding a decent job) i plan on getting a 3rd gen x for a DD and an old beat ass lifted f series truck for muddin'. Either that or ill lift my current sport and make it a trail rig, but i kind of want an old ford truck.

my front fender openings are the same height as that tire is,, but not as wide,, lol

I think old beater fords like that are sick. When i graduate from school in 2 years(pending finding a decent job) i plan on getting a 3rd gen x for a DD and an old beat ass lifted f series truck for muddin'. Either that or ill lift my current sport and make it a trail rig, but i kind of want an old ford truck.

I know, plus theyre so damn cheap anymore its crazy.

Id like to do something like you, either keep my explorer as my DD, or buy another nice v8 explorer as my DD and lift the **** outta mine, or an old ford truck like that

Back