410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier" | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

With the help of a friend I was also able to download a ranger long travel leaf spring hanger design from DIYoffroad.com, it looks like we will be building our own rear hangers... my friend has a plasma table and is willing to help me create some custom hangers!! oooooh la la
View attachment 423513

This design will get modified, I need my hanger to be about 4" rearward of this design to allow the proper shackle angle

good find! I have a new fav website.

what's your plan for the rear shocks? bed cage or build into the wheel well?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it’s pretty clear that:

Flimsy
Bad to have the body Seam rest on them body flex is going to cause issues
1” body lift still would not gain enough clearance
Too expensive for what you get, I mean all this money for sliders that need to be modifed to work without causing noises or damage to stock truck

Why do we put up with this crap?

And to top it off they shipped the wrong ones

What a huge pita!!

Thanks for all the info fellas this is why we post

Rear shocks will be setup once I have an axle in there, ride height set and suspension flexing. I am hoping to keep them somewhere near the stock location for this build

@410Fortune Forgive me for hijacking. I'm very close to purchasing the Holley terminator X/CNP upgrade for "MO" the 5.0 Mountaineer. Do you have anywhere that you could point me towards to follow along on an install? I've been checking your thread periodically.

The install will happen right here in this thread!
And things are actually happening now..
I have been Mia last few weeks I had caught some sort of nasty flu with body aches and lightheaded ness it was the big suck! I am through it now and back in the shop working on the 2007

The completed differentials are here in the shop so the first order of business is to get her rolling… so I have been finishing the rear suspension setup and axle install.

The next step will be to complete the drivetrain by installing the Holley system, drivetrain wiring and plumbing the exhaust

Update will happen in the next couple of days! Shop is clean and organized, cleared of all other projects, blue truck is front and center and getting my full attention! This has gone on long enough it’s time to get her built!

@Brett can answer most questions about the Holley system there are a few forum members talking about using these now, Brett is a dealer for them and can get good prices, I’m hoping to get this one installed this month for sure

Man, I hope your ok. Several weeks ago I had the longest cold I've ever had.
Cool on Brett being a dealer. I'm starting to read more about the different systems, overlap and differences so that I even know what I'm trying to talk about.
I know the Mechanical modification and Fabrication are mentally and physically draining. That's Top League stuff you're doing there.
Stay Well

The install will happen right here in this thread!
And things are actually happening now..
I have been Mia last few weeks I had caught some sort of nasty flu with body aches and lightheaded ness it was the big suck! I am through it now and back in the shop working on the 2007

The completed differentials are here in the shop so the first order of business is to get her rolling… so I have been finishing the rear suspension setup and axle install.

The next step will be to complete the drivetrain by installing the Holley system, drivetrain wiring and plumbing the exhaust

Update will happen in the next couple of days! Shop is clean and organized, cleared of all other projects, blue truck is front and center and getting my full attention! This has gone on long enough it’s time to get her built!

@Brett can answer most questions about the Holley system there are a few forum members talking about using these now, Brett is a dealer for them and can get good prices, I’m hoping to get this one installed this month for sure

I hope that you are over it fully too. I have something myself that began right before Christmas, it's been a lot of congestion most of the time, with some random dizziness, and being tired etc. I got tested for a flu last week, negative result immediately. So no medicine, just keep chugging along with vitamins etc.

I am also looking a possible EFI systems for one or two of my projects, I look forward to learning from you guys. Take care,

Sorry to hear about the bug. It can be rough for some. Was for me. Over a month down with it, and weeks later, still dealing with symptoms/changes. Keep taking those Vita's!

The dizzy spells are real. I had one and fell face first into the wall. Broke an upper front tooth. Had another, and my leg landed on top of a 20# propane tank as I fell. Put a nice big gash to the bone under the knee. Those dizzy spells scared me more than everything else. Never know where or what, you land on.

I might have missed it, but did you ever get the front CV axle issue figured out?

I will be dremmeling our axle shaft until it fits together
No word from true travel or RCV which is total bs!
The axle shaft in question is the passenger side inner where it slips into the stock differential stub shaft, this area is not dependent on lubrication nor is it a weak spot so the dremmel to make a snug fit will get us going down the road. What else can somebody do? Between a rock and hard place

I know this bug is going around the dizziness is the worst thing ever. Could it be the big 5G rollout getting us all? Vaccinated people shedding? Engineered virus? Who friggin knows anymore… I did read that dizzy ness was being reported w positive Covid omicron or variant? Not sure but I do know it sure sucked and growing up I never had anything like this. I am slightly isolated but am exposed to kids in school and friends/family. I am still congested but all other symptoms have slowly subsided… it was a strange one for sure started w just a headache, then major body aches and fever followed by two weeks of lightheaded dizzy spells, then finally turned to congestion…. Same time Verizon activated the 5G so they say…. Hmmm all these vaccines and boosters, masks don’t work lockdowns don’t work…I wish people would quit trying to play god.
Working with disease and the weather we are better off sometimes left alone! I’m not one for conspiracy but they exist for a reason!! Interesting that others have had the same “ seasonal flu” not fun, not fun at all i for one am tired of this plandemic time to get back to trucks!!

As I understand it 5G requires a repeater like every 300-500 feet if that is true,, I can tell you I don’t have that at my house!!! Hahahaha we are still waiting for our starlink? Battle on

I was building 5G sites for Verizon back in 2019, they went active shortly after. When people didn't know they were around it, they never complained of any mysterious symptoms.

Lots of my coworkers have been sick over the last couple of months, at work, and all were flu or cold symptoms. Only about one of a dozen has had a positive flu test and forced off work. This has been a weird flu season, it's hard to tell what's normal and what is from other things. The vaccine causes certain symptoms in many people, nobody knows what or how much, and they aren't trying to find out. Like you said, "Between a rock and hard place."

You all will probably laugh at this one...
On xmas eve day I was working under my car. It was the first time in years besides oil changes. I was getting under a vehicle, then getting up, watching a few min of a video, and repeating over and over. It was dark under the car so I had a flashlight. My vision is iffy i found out this year and trying to look up on my back through stuff and focusing on something far was hard. It was like laying on your back looking out a dark tunnel and felt a bit like reading fine print in the back of a moving vehilcle. After a few hours of this I started getting nauseous and dizzy. I had to stop for the day. I didnt have any flue or cold symptoms so I chalked it up to being old, getting up too quickly, and vision issues. On xmas day I felt fine. Anyone else get this? Lol

I had to go to the ER on October 1st, with uncontrollable dizziness. It began in the shower, and subsided about 90 minutes later in the ER. They said it was an inner ear condition, fancy name etc. It looks like I had a more common issue than I knew, vertigo. That hasn't happened since, but I notice being less stable now most of the time, not dizzy really, but as if not being fully awake. I think we all need more exercise, more activity of all kinds, less drugs(forced or not), more freedom would be a good way to say it.

You all will probably laugh at this one...
On xmas eve day I was working under my car. It was the first time in years besides oil changes. I was getting under the car then getting up, watching a few min of a video, and repeating over and over. It was dark under the car so I had a flashlight. My vision is iffy i found out this year and trying to look up on my back through stuff and focusing on something far was hard. After a few hours of this I started getting nauseous and dizzy. I had to stop for the day. I didnt have any flue or cold symptoms so I chalked it up to being old, getting up quickly, and vision issues. On xmas day I felt fine. Anyone else get this? Lol
2x on getting old. I get dizzy now if I'm working in certain positions, muscles cramp up, etc. I miss the days when nothing bothered me.

171_021420_290000000.jpg

Now with rear springs!!

Sorry to hear this crap is going around!!
You guys take care we are all getting a little older and the consequences are greater now

This is different from vertigo
I suffer from vertigo from time to time over last 8-10 years
My mom says it’s hereditary
I scoped both of my ears and I found some old compacted wax / dirt on my left eardrum
I’m hoping that at least helps with that condition
They sell a tiny camera w small war scope
On amazon for like $25
It worked awesome
Anyways the vertigo is a spinning feeling
This was more of a dizziness in the eyes for me
It’s been a rough last couple of years that is for sure! Good to know at least we are not all alone in this battle? Keep on the vitamins fresh air, keep moving when able and get plenty of rest to fight the fatigue and fever.
Fatigue with dizzy spells is the worst!!!
Bonine is a over the counter notion sickness pill that can help take the edge off

Hopefully I do not get vertigo anymore
I’m hoping I don’t get dizzy either!
Hard to fight an enemy you can’t see
Happy to have my health!
Back to work lots of cool parts to install

Starting w the rear Chevy spring and shackle hanger install
First I had to completely re support the truck so I could remove the back bumper and hitch
These will go back on later but for now I need the space to work on the Chevy 64” leaf spring and reverse shackle hangers

171_021420_310000002.jpg

171_021420_320000003.jpg

171_021429_030000000.jpg

Finally some room to work
171_021429_070000004.jpg

The rear Kartek drop 1.5” shackle flip hanger needs to move back one full location (front bolts now go in rearmost stock holes)

171_021429_060000002.jpg

Dropped the spare tire, hitch and rear bumper. Re supported truck by frame.
Here you can see the front spring hanger is re located one space forward in an effort to accommodate the new longer, heavier duty spring and keep the rear axle centered in the rear wheel arch

Rear springs mocked up time to hang the 8.8 31 spline axle now fitted with arb locker and 4.56 gears ;)

You can see the 2.5” mandrel bend speedway diy exhaust kit up there too this kit includes provisions for an h pipe to Help equalize the banks. I am shooting for some sort of true dual setup on this ranger and there has been talk about adding electric cutouts or active exhaust of sorts down the road, will Leave room for as needed

171_021503_480000000.jpg

171_021429_060000003.jpg
171_021429_060000003.jpg

Moosen!

Anyways the vertigo is a spinning feeling
This was more of a dizziness in the eyes for me
It’s been a rough last couple of years that is for sure! Good to know at least we are not all alone in this battle? Keep on the vitamins fresh air, keep moving when able and get plenty of rest to fight the fatigue and fever.
Fatigue with dizzy spells is the worst!!!
I'm sorry you had to experience that
I wouldn't wish that feeling on no-one
You will get used to it to a degree

Nice Shop! It was smart to build it that tall. It looks like you could get a box truck or small motorhome in there if you needed to. Is that a drive-in basement area under your dwelling?
BTW, all of you off-roader guys impress me with OE repurposing and the items that you dream up or come up with. I would like to get more of a close up look at it all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you! The shop is awesome! We bought the house this way. The ceilings are like 12’-6, when looking for houses it’s more like
Looking for a shop with attached living quarters ;)
The shop is like 32 x 64 and the third door is 10’ tall, for sure was designed for a motor home although a tree would need to be cut down to make that turn?
It also has windows on two sides, a bump out for tool boxes, and a bathroom, super nice concrete pad and floor drains! Fitted w propane heat and a fisher wood stove. It is still a work in progress of course but I am getting there! This is my dream shop! Perfect for what I do, attached directly to our cabin so it is easy to work all hours. Upstairs is a 2 bedroom one bath rental my stepson and his family rent from us. I’m planning to add a mezzanine along the back wall and of course more on site storage so much of this crap can evacuate the shop space. Lots going on in here always.. I was going to get new license plates that read “ifixstuf” because that’s all I seem to do!! Hahaha I will get some better pictures of the overall shop as we progress here
Yesterday I have washed and waxed the 07 had to get all the dust off!!

171_030941_200000000.jpg

171_031234_240000000.jpg

171_031236_320000000.jpg

171_031237_260000000.jpg

older pics, 3ea, 5.0 conversions at once :) you get the idea, it changes ALL of the time...

Back