410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier" | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

pics pics pics pics!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like to see pictures of the engine bay in progress.

Pics for sure. I've been waiting to see this come together for a long time.

It's a shame you're so far away. I'd love to hand mine off to you to sort out a few lingering things on my own build.

What engine is it again, did the plans change, twin turbo, or diesel? I have my 347 still waiting for its install, you know how slow I am; I had it built when the Coyote was born, I'd like to have waited and gone that route for my Lincoln.

347 Canfields m.JPG

What engine is it again, did the plans change, twin turbo, or diesel? I have my 347 still waiting for its install, you know how slow I am; I had it built when the Coyote was born, I'd like to have waited and gone that route for my Lincoln.

View attachment 427917
Sell the 347 and buy a coyote.

Sweet okay
Engine bay is next up! With her on the lift I can get under the truck or I can put her way down and get over the engine
I need to install the starter, starter wiring harness, along with trans wiring and plumbing
After that I will be putting the engine and exhaust together complete with the Holley computer, efi, wiring and a single wide band 02 sensor
The truck has a refreshed 302 we pulled from a 104k 98 limited. The engine was dressed with all new gaskets and a comp xr cam and springs. The torque monster headers were installed and the long block was dropped into the bay along with the 104k transmission
Then later I removed that trans and used it in a different ranger …. Because we got a fresh built 4r70w with some mild upgrades for this truck from @Brett aka high plains performance transmission.

Recap over back to present day
171_281234_480000000.jpg

Teaser pic till I get some pc time

171_281234_480000000.jpg

171_281234_500000002.jpg
Okay one more
It’s a shame to take the tires back off and put on the lift I could stare at her all day
Two years in bay two…
You can for sure tell she’s like a Kardashian
You can tell she’s “had some work done”

You can for sure tell she’s like a Kardashian . . . You can tell she’s “had some work done”

That rear end's not big enough to be labelled: "Kardashian". . . .

Awesome, awesome, awesome stuff. . .

Hmm, my Ranger might need an upgrade . . .
Money!.JPG

Well done.

so excited for this build!!!! woot! :D

Engine bay is next up!
After that I will be putting the engine and exhaust together complete with the Holley computer, efi, wiring and a single wide band 02 sensor
this is what i have been waiting to see! i have a holley kit coming from brett now as well that should be here by the end of the week. i will have to get a few small things for it still and figure out what i will and wont need from it. wanting to see some of the ways you will be doing this truck as well.

this is what i have been waiting to see! i have a holley kit coming from brett now as well that should be here by the end of the week. i will have to get a few small things for it still and figure out what i will and wont need from it. wanting to see some of the ways you will be doing this truck as well.
Same here. Like everything that's going on with this, but intrigued by what 410 has said about his plans for the EFI. Might be copying that part on the 98 Ex 5.0L & and 4R70W that I have sitting in a 86 Ranger chassis waiting to be finished.

Can't figure out how to give likes or I would have given several recently

Can't figure out how to give likes or I would have given several recently
Bottom right of each post, there is a like button

@JoshT and @Josh P Josh, Me and Josh had this discussion, back a couple of months ago about the missing like button. It might be an Elite status issue. I'm currently not an Elite, nor do I have a like button.
A big :thumbsup: to Jamie! @410Fortune

@JoshT and @Josh P Josh, Me and Josh had this discussion, back a couple of months ago about the missing like button. It might be an Elite status issue. I'm currently not an Elite, nor do I have a like button.
I've got half timers, I forgot about that.

What style do you have selected at the bottom left (mine says 'Shades of grey')?

Light blues

light blues

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back