• Register Today It's free!

4405 transfer case

harley75

Reaction score
City, State
lancaster
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer eddie bauer
I just had a used transfer case put in my 97 explorer and other parts today i seen a leak now it's on the rear where the drive shaft bolts to the yoke and goes in the transfer case.Now can i just buy the seal that goes in there or do i have to buy the kit about how long does it take to put in.I don't mess with transfer cases much but i guess it looks like i'll be getting some hands on

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Easy fix, just pull the flange (30mm socket), and you are right at it. Make sure to get a new seal for the flange nut also.

Easy fix, just pull the flange (30mm socket), and you are right at it. Make sure to get a new seal for the flange nut also.

oh man got it in but i forgot to get the seal for the flange nut.What will happen

You should be fine. I re-used one before, it looked a little banged up, it is still fine. Darn thing is, I had a new one in the parts box, and forgot to use it!!!

You should be fine. I re-used one before, it looked a little banged up, it is still fine. Darn thing is, I had a new one in the parts box, and forgot to use it!!!

in a 2 week run it would loose 4oz of fluid.But now no leaks now i have to replace the t stat housing can't get the bugger to seal after a new t-stat was installed i should have the housing tomorrow.Lease i got the transfer case done before the rain coming this week

Good work, man.

Back