• Register Today It's free!

4runner

haphop

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000XLT 5.0
All reviews for the 4runner get it high marks. Consumer reports for maintenance and resale has it one of the best, yet when I search for the top suv's the 4runner is way down on the list. Any know why

2013 4runner vs explorer any opinions?

Well, here is my 2¢...

4Runners are super high priced. I wonder if that affects them being in a top 10 list.

I am biased toward Toyota, since I own one, that being a Paseo. I would love to own a 4Runner. My parents have a 2005 Limited. Loaded, with leather, sunroof, V8. Garage queen with maybe 45K on it.

I look at depreciation when buying cars. My g/f just bought a 2012 Nissan Xterra. I cringe knowing the Xterra will suck on trade-in or resale. I would cringe even more if she would have bought an Explorer.

The nice thing about the 4runner is it is still a body on frame SUV, unlike the current generation Explorer. Toyota's have always been dependible vehicles that hold their resale value, but they are man made objects and do have their problems. Overall I think I would buy a current generation 4runner over the Explorer.

If we were talking first and second gen Explorer vs. second and third gen 4runners the Explorer wins hands down.

Back