4wd won't engage, Dr door locks inop | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4wd won't engage, Dr door locks inop

mainiac1

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Exporer Sport
Just bought an 01 Explorer sport for my boy yesterday and got a few issues I gotta work out. Was kinda rushed on the sale yestertday and didn't do a very thoughough job inspecting it. Was gonna buy it if the price was right anyway. I did a couple searches here for the 4wd issue, but came up w zilch. 4WD doesnt indicate or engage, and driver's door lock doesn't lock or unlock electrically. The door lock I gotta pull the door panel and take a look at the lock actuator...another post I copied the diagrams off from said the lock/unlock relays were in the left rear trunk area???not seeing any there?? Gotta check the fuses 1st too.
on the 4wd not working, Haven't checked the relays or fuses yet...kid is at baseball practice now. Anyone got ideas on this? Wiring diagrams? Not getting any indications when going from 2hi to 4wd or 4wd low and only right rear tire spins in the dirt when it should be engaged. Didn't know about having to be in nuetral w brake on to engage 4wd low, so will check that later too.
Thanks in advance for the help.

The door locks was easy...connector on the lock actuator wasnt seated good...broken locking tab...ended up using a tiestrap to secure it. Still no luck on 4x4 diagrams though...?

I sent you a pm for the wiring.

Back