5.0 swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 swap

thanks so much for the help. I think my biggest issue with the swap will be this site.... Haha it gives too many expensive ideas. The list of things I want to do to it is endlessly long and expensive. I really want to do this job right and have this truck for the next 20 years.

You might as well just buy a worn out rusty 5.0 explorer then and just plan on rebuilding everything. That's basically what I ended up doing.

I'm having a bit of an internal crisis when it comes to what I want to do with my truck. The way I see it, I have 3 options.
1) go the route vroomzoomboom went with his truck. (a more "sport" direction, heavily modified)
2) body lift/TT/shackles, throw on 33's and have a DD/ relatively capable off roader
3) a mix of the 2. Just a TT/Shackles, 31's, maybe 32's, and have, well, a mix of the above 2.

Some definites: 5.0 swap (strokerrr?!?), 4406 (either manual or TOD, I can't decide), 4r70w. while I'm doing the swap I'd like to do some fairly major undercarriage restoration.

These are fairly long term plans, but I want top plan well and get an idea of what I'm going to be doing. All opinions are welcome and appreciated.

Back