5.0 torque converter tuning issue? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 torque converter tuning issue?

I'm going to close this off.
So far, no tc lockup issues with an older pcm tune.
I'm certain James is busy with his new career, and don't want to torment him with my issues.

I have decided to take the plunge in to the SCT Pro Racer Package.
Lasota Racing has been excellent. They certainly like to deal with orders immediately.

I was emailed a base tune that is another engine with the same configuration as mine after a dyno tune. They feel that it should be reasonably close, and definitely sounds like a more complete tune than I was expecting.

Delivery time of the ProRacer Dongle will be slow. SCT does not ship to Canada. The dongle will ship to Lasota Racing, then they will forward the dongle, training manual, and training video to me.

I'm 2 to 3 weeks away from starting the hands on learning process. I'm pretty pumped about it.

In the mean time, my wideband 02 sensor heater circuit has gone open. :banghead: RockAuto seems to be the best price for this. I should have it next week.

I'm closing this thread.
No question, the issue was tuning.

I re-did a shift and tc lockup strategy that is wildly different than factory. I decided the 347 torque curve is wildly different than the 302 anyway.

Drive around seems to be great. I'm making far more use out of the tc lockup than the factory strategy. Under super lite loads and very low throttle position why not? Ease in to the gas, and downshifts/tc unlock happens really fast until the mph gets up there.

I'll start another thread on my tuning experience as I keep learning. A member here has been extremely helpful. He has also shown extreme patience with me as I am learning the software and techniques. I have not started wot tuning yet.

The prp package has been one of my better investments so far.

Back