5.0L Headers- Who wants some? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0L Headers- Who wants some?

Whats up with our headers?: :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this sucks but its cool. im out if they are gonna be the same size as the fms ones, plus jba is kinda big to be doin something for 25 people. to get their money's worth theyd have to jack up the price

JBA is not a player at this time.

I PM'd someone from the Corral that works for JBA. He said that he would be glad to put a bug in the ear of the guy in charge of taking on new projects.

I am sure that once the headers hit the market, there would be more than 25 sets sold.

Even if they are the same size as the FMS ones, what size is that? You have to realize that anything bigger than 1-5/8" on any X that is lightly to mildly modded will actually kill power/torque. If the FMS headers are 1-5/8" then there is no reason to go bigger unless you have a blower and ported heads/intake.

So, even if they end up being the same size as the FMS ones, I think it is better to have a solid set of headers on the market to replace the crap factory manifolds when they crack.

As it sits, anyone that wants to replace their cracked manifolds, has 3 options:

1. Buy manifolds from Ford for an arm & a leg (~$500 each header)

2. Search high and low for a set of used FMS headers (~$200 - $300 for a set)

3. Go have some custom headers made (~$600+ per set)

So if JBA can knock out new sets of FMS copies or slightly improved versions, for around $300, we should ALL be content. Yeah, they might not be the size of tubing that a few people want, but at least it would give a good alternative to the 5.0 X crowd.

the FMS ones need a lot of improvements. there is atleast 10 to 15 more horse power left in the FMS ones if not more. dont worry i will be done this week with my mark VIII headers then i will do a couple test sets of explorer headers.

Originally posted by blk mk8
the FMS ones need a lot of improvements. there is atleast 10 to 15 more horse power left in the FMS ones if not more. dont worry i will be done this week with my mark VIII headers then i will do a couple test sets of explorer headers.
For people with naturally aspirated 5.0L or the folks that plan to Supercharge, or turbocharge, or NOS their trucks??

I have no plans to Supercharge, or turbocharge, and/or NOS my truck.

i think he means for the n/a. if you got a power adder the fms's are gonna hold you back, thus the reason troll's headers were custom

But isn't Troll supercharged?

yeah and he has custom headers. arent they workin on a turbo now?

But isn't Troll supercharged?

I'm down for set possibly...gotta get my v8 in first but i might be interested

Add me in on the count for whoever can get them made...

headers

id be interested

The FMS Explorer headers are 1.5" not 1 5/8". My friend tmsoko has talked with the company that built the fms headers and they state they stink, but ford told them to build it a certain way,so they did.

I have a set of the FMS headers and you can hear the engine firing ping through them. If JBA or another company makes a better produt that has the same mounting location for the cats pipes I would be interested if I had a ballpark price.

The ones on my truck now are 1 3/4 inch midlenth headers. These will work for anyone with more than a stock long block. They require aftermarket heads at least. The new ones we will make will be based on the SVO headers with improvements made to the design with slightly bigger tubes. The svo headers are terrible in stock form and they can not help you very much. That is why we are going to improve them. Give us some time to get it done.

I'll be first in line.:D

:eek: guess I have to be 2nd:D

I'm Third!!!!!! Can't wait for headers, Then there will be reason to supercharge!!! Later, Bleeding Blue

me fourth!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in on some better Headers....

Back