5.0L Headers | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0L Headers

To the people that have them.

How much of gain in HP and Torque do you get from these header? Is it noticable? I would love to get some if it were worth it in noticable power.

Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a note about the cast iron manifolds. My 98 came with them as well. I have known this truck since new and they were never changed.

I doubt they flow any better than the earlier tubular parts since they are very restricted around the flange area in order to provide clearance for the mounting bolts. In theory the cast will hold the heat in better thus increasing exhaust velocity. Having compared them first hand to the FMS parts, I think the FMS headers are still an improvement.

Absolutely are the FRPP headers better than the stock cast and tubular manifolds. I was comparing the cast manifolds to the stock tubular manifolds.

The FRPP headers are decent improvement over stock, noticable, but not anything to write home about. Also, you can no longer buy them, so kind of a moot point.

Has anybody checked with JBA to see if they would make headers for the V-8 guys?

I picked up a 5.0 Explorer. Sure wish I could put some headers on it.

Me want some headers.

1 5/8 shorty or mid length

The other guys

Has anyone thought of contacting THE OTHER GUYS headers? They make headers for Grand Prix's and other 3800 engines but may possibly be interested in producing for a new group of people.

simcik

Just another gut interested if the headers are ever made.

Andy

Has anyone seen the headers listed at CHEAPEXHAUST .COM? I just did a search and found some made by flowtech P.N.48200 $180.92 says they are in stock. I will have to call them and verify this.

I looked into those beecause i found them listed on severa sites... after asking around they are not really for an explorer and dont fit :(

my brother is selling his custom headers with exhaust up to the mufflers if any one is interested. i will still do the big tube shorties but i must finish my mark VIII headers first then i will get to them hopfully next month or so.

What he asking for em?

I'm interested.

and what were the specs again? 1 3/4 headers and what back?

you need to email him directly but you get the header and pipes all the way back to about a 1 from the mufflers. he is keeping his mufflers with his new turbo. he cant wait his truck will be even more quiet, better gas millage and more power. ask him directly about his blower and brakets and his headers. i know that he wants fair value considering what they cost to build and they are one of a kind.

after looking at a few 5.0's i dont think it would be that big of a deal for a header company to make something similar to what ford did but with a little performance common sense.....like maybe the front 2 cyl. mount seperately from the back but still go up then down and the back two go forward and down slightly then back...and have a small y pipe just behind the firewall.....the pipes could be stacked vertically and be mid length.

Ner heaged post started

I started a new post regarding the header situation as this one was getting a little long. If we can get 25 people to commit than it seems that JBA will be interested in producing headers for us V-8 people.

Back