5.0L V8 Swap into 99 Explorer Sport | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0L V8 Swap into 99 Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

questions!!!???!!!

hey guys i found this very interesting. I found a 2000 awd explorer rollover. Im pretty sure im going to buy it. Im going to put it in my 03 sport trac i just lifted. AN I ON THE RIGHT TRACK?

Thanks guys im going to go for it if another guy on here doesnt need it.

it will not bolt to the V8 trans.

So I'll go out on a limb and say the writeup was never completed? Sucks cause this is exactly what I need!

I too can answer some of your questions but Eric is the man! He walked me thru a few things on my swap and saved me some money.

I have the same drivetrain in a 2 door but thats about the only similarities. My truck is currently lifted on 33's.

So I'll go out on a limb and say the writeup was never completed? Sucks cause this is exactly what I need!

PM me if there is anything you want to know. I am willing to help, I just have not had the time to go back and write everything I did up formally. Just don't expect an immediate response. I am not going to say it will never happen, because I intend to write it. I will be done with school in may, so I should have more time then. Right now I am occupied more than I would be with a full time job. lol

I meant your engine...You off road his is street :)

Sorry, I thought you meant the whole setup, but yeah I used a 98 mounty eng, trans, and AWD transfer case.

Have the write up yet??

And you have any more pictures of this sweet setup?

Hows it been runing? Any more problems from it?

Tried to see the other pics but i guess because its been such a long time I can't see them anymore....

I'm wanting to put a 302 with a carb and a manual linkage trany. Have you heard of that? I want to do away with all computer wiring and just have the three main wires. Hot ground and ignition.

I am sure you could do it. Be sure to buy a ford truck service cd on ebay so you can do some studying of wiring diagrams. Getting rid of the ECU may have an impact on other areas of the truck (ABS, gauge cluster, etc)

im planing on doing a v8 swap in my sport. i dont want to mess with the awd id like to keep it rwd

im planing on doing a v8 swap in my sport. i dont want to mess with the awd id like to keep it rwd

Best of luck! If you are already rear wheel drive it will be easiest to stay that way. If you are 4wd now, then going AWD is the easiest solution.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey there i was considering geting a v8 in my 99 explorer...
if i cant find a Mountaineer or explorer with a v8 is there any other v8 that will fit it?
im not sure about all this im kinda new

Back