5R55 Chasing Codes - PCM

Jabbers

Reaction score
City, State
Allentown pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 EB Explorer
Hi all,

New to the forum and new to Ford. I picked up an explorer on the cheap and was told it likely needed a solenoid pack. Didn’t drive but I needed a cheap ride. Could shift gears but no acceleration in drive, just high rpms. Dropped the trans to find out it was toast. Had a bunch of solenoid, tcc codes. Picked up a used trans and swapped it out. Same codes. So now thinking electrical. So since the trans was shot we thought it might have fried the connector on the trans body. Rewired a new pigtail. Still getting the wrench light and same codes. Disconnected the battery to discharge and reset PCM learning but codes came right back. Bulkhead connectors seem in good shape - where else should I be checking? The car is in pristine condition otherwise - garage kept no rust - impeccable interior. Really thought we were getting a deal. It’s an 06 Eddie Bauer 4.0. - I’d love to get her on the road but stuck in limp mode it seems.

Thoughts?
P0743
P0755
P0760
P0962
P0966
P0970

Did so before the whole swap but I guess it can’t hurt to check again just to be safe.

Back