5R55E park to 1st sluggish when warm. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55E park to 1st sluggish when warm.

lorenzop

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLS
:confused: Hope somebody can help with this one. Ford suggested a transmission overhaul, but the trans does not slip in any way, cold or hot. When the vehicle is cold, you can shift from park to drive or reverse to drive, and it will shift with no problem. But when its been driven for about 20 minutes or so, you can stop, put it in park or reverse, then shift back to drive, the trans sort of like shudders, until I manually shift it into 1st gear, I can still be rolling forward a little, touch the throttle a little and shift it back into drive, and it will shift like it should, like nothing every happened. I've changed to EPC solenoid, separator plate gasket and the EPC blowoff valve as per Ford TSB, 1st and second gear shift solenoids, and the problem still occurs. I have no idea what to change next. By the way, the O/D light is not flashing and cannot bring up any codes. Really appreciate if anybody out there had this problem, or if any fix. Thanks!

Back