5r55e Transmission ?Wiring Issues? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5r55e Transmission ?Wiring Issues?

nickd00

Reaction score
City, State
Cerro Gordro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Sport Trac
Hello Everyone! First time poster, would like to start with thanks for the add.

I have 2004 Ford Sort Trac 4.0 2wd. Truck has very little response in reverse & drive, but has excellent pressure in 1st, 2nd and can be manually shifted to drive. The customer says he had an 2003 Explorer that had the same issue and it turned out to be a broken wire in the harness. He was told by the mechanic that did the repair that it was a common issue with those trucks. I have briefly checked the harness & connections, haven't found anything yet. My question is, Is anyone aware of this "Common wiring issue" the other mechanic spoke of? Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the reply. No check engine light or flashing OD light. Only code i get is P0731, which i think is wrong gear ratio in 1st

Slipping or no engagements into drive and reverse but has a good manual low and 2nd is typically a failed input sprag inside the transmission, its a common failure for this transmission. The only wiring issues we see are is the AC condenser drain drips on the case connector and can cause connection problems.

Back