5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Personally I think any vehicle with them on the roof looks horrible. However you asked for brand recommendations and RoughCountry has some fantastic light bars. I just bought the grill kit for my super duty.

http://www.roughcountry.com/lighting-and-accessories/lights.html

20160227_204525_zpsp7mqdpew.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yea!! thats niceeeee!!!!!!!!

Personally I think any vehicle with them on the roof looks horrible. However you asked for brand recommendations and RoughCountry has some fantastic light bars. I just bought the grill kit for my super duty.

http://www.roughcountry.com/lighting-and-accessories/lights.html

20160227_204525_zpsp7mqdpew.jpg

Yea man!!!!!!!! That looks super sweet!!!!!! If i had your grill that would be the route i would go.... Guess i will keep looking.... Might have to put mine in the lower grille opening that i have.

Yea man!!!!!!!! That looks super sweet!!!!!! If i had your grill that would be the route i would go.... Guess i will keep looking.... Might have to put mine in the lower grille opening that i have.

That's what I was thinking.. I bet you could fab something to go into one of the lower grill inserts. Their lights are bright as hell!!

This is about 225 feet to the tree line. Going down back roads is insane, when you shut them off because of oncoming cars, it's as if you have no headlights on at all lol.

20160228_192441_zps9zmgjqsw.jpg

20160228_204625_zpsyvpn5wrn.jpg

Wow!!

I have a 2014 explorer sport. I got a 10" rigid E2 high low light bar installed. I'll post pictures soon.

One option to consider is replacing the ~3" "fog lights" or "driving lights" with something more useful. I didn't see anything on PIAA, KC, Rigid, nor Rough Country that is a 3" round LED.

Search the modified forum. I think there are a couple of posts there about light bars and fog lights. As well as LED kits for the regular headlights

I changed my fogs to the morimoto fogs from "the retrofit source"
The rigid light bar is worth every penny. I got the high low model cause I'm in the city. It gives you the option to use low power which is only 20% of the 9000 lumens. And on high it's crazy bright!

9000 lumens :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a 2014 explorer sport. I got a 10" rigid E2 high low light bar installed. I'll post pictures soon.

Post pics please!!:thumbsup:

I'm trying to figure out how to upload pictures

image_zpsibkbuz0b.jpg

image_zps7l1e5b2o.jpg

image_zpsi0rhzcfu.jpg

Nice! any with it lit up? how's the output? I was thinking a single row along the top of that opening or maybe in the slit under the grille.

Nice install though!!!

I will post pictures soon of it with the lights on.
The headlights on my explorer suck for dark roads. I did a lot of research in getting this led bar. Since i live close to the city it did not make sense to get a high powered light bar because i would not be able to use it. But with the high low function i can use the low in the city which is only 20% of 9000 lumens and on high its more than enough for a dark road. I put the cover on it so its not so visible to the evil eyes out there. The bracket was mounted to the bumper bar. They had to remove front bumper and drill through the bar insert plugs and then screwed it in. The install is very clean and super tight. I had it professionally installed. Very happy with it. Night pictures and maybe video soon.

If FMC has a critical fault, it's their resistance to timely redesigns.
Currently, I own a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali that my wife drives, and I own a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD.

We wanted a Nav, but there was no way we were going to buy a brand new 2004 overly stale and dated design. We were again sick of another retread, and went to GM for something fresh.

As for the truck, I usually own two at a time. I've owned three Super Duty trucks, and until a couple of days ago when we traded it in for the Explorer, I still owned a 2008 CC PSD that I kept for towing.
The SD design has barely changed since my first on in 1998, and I simply didn't want to wait another year for the update, so again, I went to GM for something fresh.

Quite frankly, the next Nav better be extra special because the new generation large SUV from GM is formidable competition. It's an incredible truck with the 6.2l, and has sports car power and a ride that still seems impossible for a 4x.

Anyone have any details on how they wired their light bars and where the toggle switch was mounted. I recently got some d2 duallys and will be installing them soon on my 15 sport. Thank you!!

Hi, everyone im new here. I was really looking to get a LED bar for my 2012 explorer limited and i was thinking to install it in between the fog light opening so i was looking for a single bar just as long as the opening so may be about 28" or so im not 100% sure how wide is the opening, but i would like someone that have them install to come up with pictures or may be how they installed them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back