65 Mustang Convertable

dman726749

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
About 8 years ago my dad bought a 65 Mustang Convertable. Since we have owned it we have:
- Rebuilt oroginal 289
- Rebuilt C4 cruse-o-matic

Plans include a new paint job, the one on it is **** and is worne to the bare sheet metal in places, plus the previous owner repainted it but did not do all the door jams and trunk ect. As of right now my dad wants to paint it a dark metalic purple, but that could change.
Well now for the Pics, only got a few, but will try to get some more up when it gets warm

Me infront of the car:
445913_33_full.jpg

Here is me in the car, kinda get a peek at the interior:
445913_34_full.jpg

Top up heading to pick the gf up for prom if i remeber right:
445913_7_full.jpg

Another with the top up:
445913_8_full.jpg

And the grill:
445913_9_full.jpg

As you can guess, i drive the car at least once a week when it is warm out. Tell me What you think :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Nice touch on the red furry ball dice as well. :D

was the car originally red?

If it was it would be a shame to change it......because it looks mostly stock, which is GREAT!

I hate to see them get all chopped up and customized to the point of no return.......

Originally posted by 410Fortune
was the car originally red?

If it was it would be a shame to change it......because it looks mostly stock, which is GREAT!

I hate to see them get all chopped up and customized to the point of no return.......

The oroginal color was a maroon.

Perfect opportunity to go back to the original maroon!
Of course it all depends on what you want to dfo with the car, but it looks to me like its in very stock condition, which would be great to match with the stock color again. :)

Nice! I like it!

CP

Originally posted by 410Fortune
somewere, there is a Bronco II purist who thinks the same thing about your ride. :D ;)

SWEET stang!!!!

imo id take it back to maroon. i like to see the classics stay true. the only "resto-mod" id like to have is Eleanor. LOL but other than that id rather see a stock classic.

either way you go its your ride. it looks sweet. any mustang is a good one imo. (except the II's WTF was ford thinkin? )

Looks good. I like the red. Only sugestion would be some gray mag wheels or another stock mustang rim.

Back