7 1/2 hrs till i leave for Haspin Acres:) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

7 1/2 hrs till i leave for Haspin Acres:)

boostranger

Reaction score
City, State
Rio Grande, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt
7 1/2 hrs till i leave for Haspin Acres:) ( I'm back)

leavin at 6 tomorow morn to go wheelin for the day at Haspin Acres in Indiana. Gonna be very sloppy as we got hammered with rain. My first real offroad experience... should be a blast.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SWEET

be sure and get plenty of pics..................

i hope ur taking along the common stuff to make sure u wont be strandad right ??

PEACE

yea i have a decent amount of things packed. I am goin with my schools offroad club and about 20-30 trucks... so there will be plenty of help in case any of us needs it.

I made it back from Haspin Early Sun morn and all i have to say is WOW!!! That was just awsome!!! We ended up having something like 25 trucks convoy down and met there around 10 am. Got all set and out we went... i wasn't even there a half hour and i was stuck in my first of many holes...... It rained the night before and anyone who is familiar with the indiana mud knows it is some really sticky slippery snot, and since i was running 235/75/15 Kelly safari SUV's aired down to 20 psi..... i think i ended up stuck about a half dozen times throughout the day ... but everyone, including myself, was really impressed with what i was able to make it through in a basically stock truck ( manual locking hubs and disconnected swaybars). With a set of agressive tires and another 2 inches of ground clearence i would have not gotten stuck half as much.

I did end up in a tree... slide down a side of a ravine... crushed both drivers side doors a little .. not really that bad ... and i blew the left front off the bead on the last trail.... and other than that i was able to drive it home.... better than half the trucks that went that broke and went home on trailers

I am hooked .... i think we are planning a run in june to pensylvania... i hope to have 33's and some lift by then.

pics will be coming soon

Back