Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
I'm working on a 1984 Bronco II that has a broken rear driveshaft. The shaft is a double cardan style, the tube is bent and the cardan joint is cracked so I'll need a replacement. What other vehicles have a driveshaft the same length?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably only a different year BII. No other Ford truck had that short of a wheelbase.

On the plus side and B2 will work. 4x2 have a dummy t-case. :thumbsup:

So same length driveshaft.

I'm working on a 1984 Bronco II that has a broken rear driveshaft. The shaft is a double cardan style, the tube is bent and the cardan joint is cracked so I'll need a replacement. What other vehicles have a driveshaft the same length?
Do away with the double cardan, maybe, try a jeep driveshaft?

I did away with the crappy stock BII driveshafts... I used 93 Explorer shafts instead. The rear shaft had to be shortened a bit to work, I am still running that driveshaft today with the 5.0

I found a 93 explorer at my favorite yard, I got the front driveshaft and the front yoke from the transfer case. The 1354 front yoke fits the rear of the 1350 case. For the axle side, I ordered a Spicer 2-2-939 flange yoke adapter. Less than $60 total in this project.
20200425_151926.jpg

Back