• Register Today It's free!

89 bronco 2 w 4.0

m10878

Reaction score
City, State
linden, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 bronco 2
hey everyone im kinda stumped here i got a repo'd 89 bronco 2 w a 4.0 it ran okay when i got it had 35s on it and blew the automatic trans in it so i dropped it and just put a fm146 in it so after getting it all the way in today jumped the wired on the nuetral safety switch and tryed turning her over she cranked then back fired after i tryed cranking her again over and over and over and nothing

i can smell fuel coming out of the exhuast and hear the pumps running so it looks like no spark and ideas on what could be causing it it did sit a while in the yard w the hood up but before now i could just jump in turn the key and start it with the a4ld in it could it have something to do with the trans or is it in the electrical system

I would say you have some probs with the computer, did u chng it out? It shouldnt be much different but you never know, id check the wiring diagram and see whats missing that the computer needew input from. I dont imagine you took any other wires off but it sounds like your computer is not making ur ignition fire, your injectors are working but no fire. Trace ur wiring and see where ur break is

Back