89 bronco | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

89 bronco

explorer917

Reaction score
City, State
cape coral
allright i just bought an 89 bronco. E/B edition. 4x4,p/w,p/l. the whole nine yards. now the question that is gonna make or break it..

it was fuel injected, but for some reason he put a carb on it. the fuel line needs to be hooked up, and the throttle cable. motor runs good i didnt get to test drive it though because of the fuel lines and throttle cable.

i have been talking to a few friends, and they said that the transmission might not go into gear because of the computer, and switching it from F/I to carb. i dont know much about broncos, i got it for 500 bucks and it has a 3in lift with 34in mud terrain's, with about 50percent tread left. interior is rough, and so is the exterior. but i was thinking about ripping the carpet and diamond plating the floor

so any help would be greatly appreciated. i really hope i didnt make a stupid buy. thanks in advance!!

anyhelp? lol. i have tried searching and couldnt find anything on the subject. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

i dont know what the FI to Carb has to do with gearing, sounds like someone BS'ing u.. if u can , id put the FI on it, who the hell would want a carb? sure its a 2.9L and not swapped a later 2.8L in it which was a carb motor? i didnt think u could mod the 2.9L for carb , due to fuel rail set up...

DP on the floor wtf? can u say holy blinding reflection batman? .. ripp it up, see what kind of rust your dealing with if any, if none id lay down some rhino liner or something ...

Back