• Register Today It's free!

92 explorer ac

gforceman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 limited 4.6 V8
have a 92 explorer , the A/C is fully charged getting 60 on low side , compressor running air not cold ... the oriface valve was changed not teh blue one . and the compressor and drier last year , the AC worked great last year now it doesnt ,, any thing i can check ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

orifice valve is the first thing that comes to my mind...

second would be filter (thats the in-line thing after the compressor) if it has one.. 3'rd would be the accumulator (ive heard when they go bad they get hot on the top and cold on the bottom, or the other way around)

when it's on vent, is the air warm (maybe you're blend door is stuck?)

that's a good thought rhauf... feel the ac lines to see if they get cold at the dryer, and compare that with vents.

ill check things stated above yesterday i did check the hoses and the drier wasn't cold im thinking the orifice also i have 134a in it , if i open the system should i dump out the oil from the drier should i replace the oil and re-oil the compressor as well , see least year the compressor seized opened system cleaned completely i was thinking the orifice is plugged from any left overs .. AND yes it does have the inline filter i miss the sight glass in line that used to BE there like in OLDER vehicles

thx and its HOT here in VA beach !!!!! ,, the O.W. 60 doesn't work well ..

(Open Windows do 60mph)

Normally, to get an idea of whats going on you want...
Ambient temp
Static pressure of high and low side (truck off or on but a/c not on)
High and low pressure #'s when the a/c is running (and any jumping if its doing it).
center vent temp at idle and at 1500 rpms with a/c on with fan on high and doors open.

~Mark

Back