• Register Today It's free!

92 Ranger 2.3L Timing Belt

AJ6903

Reaction score
City, State
Puyallup, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Ford Ranger
Hi everyone, I want to thank you all in advance for any help you may have for me.
I have a 1992 Ranger 2.3L that the Timing Belt has broke on, the Serpentine Belt as well needs changing.
I have the parts and most of the prep work done that is needed to remove the Timing Cover, my problem is I'm not sure exactly how to line up all the marks that need to be done before removing it, and I also need help in the Tensioner department.
I know that it is VERY important to get these Marks correct and I'm a bit nervous about messing it up.
I am desperate, it's my only source of transportation and I am at my wit's end trying to find a good diagram that go along with the directions on this repair.
I also need to replace the Serpentine Belt.
Can anyone help me out????
Thanks, AJ

Welcome to the forum! I know your marks on your crank/timing gear need to line up, but I don't know off the top of my head how they should go. I'm sure someone on this board can help you with this. If not, you may just have to run (No pun intended.) up to your local Auto Zone and pick up a Haynes manual. Good luck!

Back