93 x SAS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 x SAS

I've been done with my SAS for a little over a year and could'nt be more happy with the results. Here is a condenced list of mods.
HP d44
OX locker
5.38 gears
early bronco coils from Wild Horses
12" stroke Fox Shocks
DOM tie rod and drag link
3 link with johnny joints
home made bead locks
d60 rear
Detroit locker
5.38 gears
mix of x and bronco leafs
11" stroke Fox Shocks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used 6" lift early bronco coils from wild horses. with the perches that I made and the coils i got about 9" of lift over stock. And the rear leafs are working great with all the different leafs that I used. I netted about 3" of lift. The shocks are FOX Racing shocks that are 11" of travel. I made custom mounts for them and they work awesome. I like the Wild horses coils because they are a dual rate and they stretch out very well. Everyone that rides in it calls it a caddy because its so smooth.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

so if im running 33's that gives me 2.5 inches and i measured my hood to ground line and its 7 inches over stock so i need like 5.5 inches of lift from my springs in order for it to work similar to what i have now i wonder what i would have to use. also i belive my perches are not stock but they dont look custom so im wondering if the perches are from the 78 bronco that the axle is from. could you get me a the measurement of your spring from top to bottom installed in the truck with the weight of the truck on it. (i belive the word is compressed length) if im asking to much just tell me to piss off.

ill get your mearurements as soon as i get a chance. The bronco perches are a part of the radius mounts on the axles. I just used a 1/2" plate and drilled the holes to match the holes in the lower buckets then bolted them to that. I am more than happy to answer everyones questions that they have. This forum is where I learned how to build mine.

ill get your mearurements as soon as i get a chance. The bronco perches are a part of the radius mounts on the axles. I just used a 1/2" plate and drilled the holes to match the holes in the lower buckets then bolted them to that. I am more than happy to answer everyones questions that they have. This forum is where I learned how to build mine.

im talking about the ones on the frame i dont belive they are explorers ones cause the welds look after market and my spring is 5in accrost and that fits in the upper on the truck but if i only need 5.5 inches a 4 inch bronco spring should get me in the vicinity i need, i think?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!!

I ran into a problem the other day. The plug weld on the center section for the passenger side tube broke. the pumpkin rotated about 20 degrees. It scared the crap out of me! Good thing the tube didn't come out! I got home and got it back in place and welded both sides solid. I would recomend doing the same thing before it happens to you.

Thanks setinu, good advice I will do the same. I just finished my sas.:p:!

Thanks setinu, good advice I will do the same. I just finished my sas.:p:!

Congratulations! Did you use leaves or coils and links?

I started stripping down my dana 60 front axle and going to get it ready for the X. Also got a 302 and looking for a NP435 that will bolt up. This is going to be fun when done! Hope by spring all should be ready for abuse!

i used eb 6 inch deaver coils and custom extended radius arms stock track bar

Well everyone...I finally stepped up to the big dog! I got my 60 in with an Eaton E-locker. It works awesome!!! I can turn to full lock and hammer the throttle and not worry about u-joints again! I basically did a carbon copy of the old setup because it worked. The only things i changed were that I made the perches for the coils an inch taller and moved the lower shock mounts up 1 1/2" for more droop and less body rubbing with the tires. I just got back from Moab and i am very happy with the performance! I conquered all three hot tubs, hells gate and the escalator!I will get some links to youtube when I can!

well...its time for that tired 4.0 to go to bed! I picked up a 95 f150 with a 302...hope i can get it done before the moab trip in may! wish me luck!

It's been a long time coming but the 302 is in, T18 and 203-205 doubled...made a flat belly x-member. all thats left is wiring, clutch slave, shift levers for t-cases and drive shafts! Pix coming soon!

t-cases with the Harbor Freight breaker bar levers

t-cases with the Harbor Freight breaker bar levers

3.jpg

Spaghetti anyone?

302 fitted and running finally

Stretching her legs with the 14" fox air shocks and looking good with the flat black paint job!

Back