94 Ranger XLT. Manual transmission problems. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Ranger XLT. Manual transmission problems.

dfhovland

Reaction score
City, State
Kent, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ranger XLT
Hi, i am almost 60 yrs old and am going to tackle my 94 ranger transmission. needs throw out bearing replaced. 1st question, when pulling the trans, do I split it? I have rebuilt engines and Ford C-6's before and they are still running fine. My biggest problem is up an down off the floor to fetch tools.
I like this fourm and how you set it up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi and welcome dfhovland

If you have the M5OD, you don't split it, it's one piece. But tell us which engine you have, it may be a different trans.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Welcome..

You do not need any special to install the clutch, other then clutch alignment too. If you are going to replace throw out bearing. I would recommend doing the whole clutch job, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, slave cylinder (inside the transmission), pressure plate, and of course the clutch plate. Since you have the transmission down, you may want to remove the 3 rubber plugs and replace it with steel freeze plug or use rubber silicone around the 3 rubber plugs. Another thing since you are there already, inspect the rear main seal on the engine. If you feel it is need to replace, great time to replace it while the transmission is off!

Back