jeffseal

Reaction score
City, State
Alpharetta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
will these spindles work
http://64.49.196.9/product.asp?3=2787
they are only 300 bucks for 3 inch lift spindles.
my questions are, are the stock spindles for a 98-01 ranger and a 95 explorer the same? how hard is it to install a spidle i have never done it before. Does any one know how much the 4 inch lift springs are for the rear? also will i need new shocks or can i get away with my ranchos i have on now thanks Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

What brand is that? Well the if it is the one on the picture than that's won't work the ones i got were different. Replacing the spindle is not hard at all. Just have to take out the rotor and unscrew a couple of bolts. Might need a hammer to take out the upper and lower control arms and steering. The front shocks are still stock length. AS for the rear, if you replace it with a multipack lift spring like i did you will have to get longer shocks. Look for lift springs for 90-94 explorers. They range from 200-500 for a pair. Fabtech, Trailmaster, skyjacker and guess more make them. I put al my info on my ride in tha before and after section. Search for "97 2wd 4" lift"

aim is a fabtech copy they do alot fo lowered stuff to .....to the point no those spindles won't work u have torsion bars and 98+ 2wd rangers u A-arms with coils

do the 4wd and 2wd 98+ rangers have different suspensions because i know the 4wd ranger is the same as the 95 + explorers

yes from 98+ the 4wd rangers have torsion bar the 2wd have coils with a-arms

SCEXPLORER: I would love to see those pix, but your photopoint account has expired...

Can you e-mail them or will the pix be up again?

RYDOGG

Originally posted by Clint
aim is a fabtech copy they do alot fo lowered stuff to .....to the point no those spindles won't work u have torsion bars and 98+ 2wd rangers u A-arms with coils

WHOA! 98 2wd does NOT have coils... the 98-01 2wd and 4wd have torsion bars...97 and below has the coils and radius arms.

Originally posted by jeffseal
will these spindles work
http://64.49.196.9/product.asp?3=2787
they are only 300 bucks for 3 inch lift spindles.
my questions are, are the stock spindles for a 98-01 ranger and a 95 explorer the same? how hard is it to install a spidle i have never done it before. Does any one know how much the 4 inch lift springs are for the rear? also will i need new shocks or can i get away with my ranchos i have on now thanks Jeff

Looks like it could possible work Jeff. I do know that the break calipers are different between the 98-00 and 95's. You should try to find a 98 Ranger and take a good look at the spindle bracket and compair with your 95. My guess is they will work with possibly minor adjustments. Your best bet my be to talk to a Ford parts rep at your nearest dealer. They would know best.

Good luck.

Back