96 explorer 4.0 rough idle on every start | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 explorer 4.0 rough idle on every start

ok sounds like a deal, but im still confused.. does it come with the software or do i download it? is it better to get the used one off of ebay which is cheaper? i dont have a laptop, thats the only problem.. i can manage getting one. i know nothing about scanners, any help and info would be great

You have to download software (it is updated often, free). The one on ebay now that I see will not scan Fords. You can wait until a PWM + ISO goes on ebay, or buy it new. Try to get an older laptop with a serial port (you don't need anything fancy).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

will do asap.

untill then, i want to start this hit and miss game again. i have a good feeling its starting to misfire.

any ideas what would cause a misfire that i could text or replace? egr system? coil pack?

no check engine light yet, but i have a good feeling it will come back on soon, and ill be replacing **** anyway so i might as well go down a line and start somewhere and try to get it to run better, if not at least it will be more reliable with each part i replace

will do asap.

untill then, i want to start this hit and miss game again. i have a good feeling its starting to misfire.

any ideas what would cause a misfire that i could text or replace? egr system? coil pack?

no check engine light yet, but i have a good feeling it will come back on soon, and ill be replacing **** anyway so i might as well go down a line and start somewhere and try to get it to run better, if not at least it will be more reliable with each part i replace

How many miles are on your plug wires?

maybe 10,000. maybe a 1000 on my plugs. havent done my coil pack yet.

ok, no check engine light so far but the exhuast now sputters when not under load, in park or neutral.

ive never had this problem before, any ideas?

i cant wait till i get this damn scanner

Back