97 2wd Ranger Converted to 4wd TTB V8 Tuff Truck. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 2wd Ranger Converted to 4wd TTB V8 Tuff Truck.

I got bit hard by the tuff truck bug, little lower than my previous rigs, for going fast and smaller jumps 4-5ft or less at this time lol.

Bought 97 Reg Cab 2wd Ranger guy started parting out, little rough.

Truck is getting painted Allis Chalmers Orange- bed will be done on Monday , just fixed dents in it this week at school.

Truck is getting Explorer 302 from my purple truck
5spd from 98 F150 with 4.2 V6
4406 manual

D35 TTB

James Duff front 5.5 Longarm kits, going to ad Pro Comp bump stops and some limiting straps.

Rear will get Deaver Race pack 2 & 1/2 lift springs

Running Bronco 2 tank in rear to keep wait on rear

Will have full roll cage and Corbeau suspension seats with 3in padded 5-point harnesses

running 31in Procomp Extreme all terrains

Few pics:

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Picture of what my new tow Rig will look like, they said will be at least 8 weeks before ready if not longer :)

BlueRaptor.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Gman-that is the plan, IM not towing anything other than my bike to Moab/Ouray. And I have ordered it and put money down so should be getting it. They said at least 8 weeks. Ive got a few weeks if I wanna change mind on options before Ford starts building it. Im back and forth or the supercab vs quadcab, the extra length i think would hurt it a bunch mountains and Moab where I intend to use it the most? But i just dont know, I think the supercab looks sportier... hmm

Love this front bumper, what I want to get for My raptor, may trying to duplicate something same on Ranger ??? Thoughts

frontbumper.jpg

After awesome weekend at SMORR, I need to get my but back in gear and finish my truck.

Todo list
Roll Cage
Mount 5point Harnesses
Front bumper -tow points
Rear bumper -tow points
Fix small antifreeze leak on heatercore hose
Mount CB
Fix speakers
Mount ARB compressor for Air up kit
4.56 gears, install rear detroit
Get 2nd set of tires for trails, thinking 34-10.50 Swamper Ltbs on some stock aluminum wheels.
Underbelly Skids
Back up lights.
New CV style front driveshaft

LOL not to much, just lil hard cause I no longer have my own shop to work in.

Finally got a good start on Roll Cage last weekend, should be almost done this weekend, all thats really left is x rear brace and tieing it into the frame. Its not bad for my 1st one, way harder than imagined, trying to tuck it in tight so I didnt loose much room.

My new Ranger Tow vehicle/ recovery vehicle :)

user148_pic913_1309316410.jpg

No, just got it last night. No pics or vids yet lol, it really wont see extreme use anytime soon, that is what the Ranger is for. :)

Sweet truck man. Congrats on the nice buy!

Yea, the Ranger to Raptor Front clip would be pretty sweet. Unfortunely only mods planned for ranger at this time, is a 2nd set of narrow 33 mud tires for trails and eventually 4.56 gears, well that in put my detroit locer in the rear. July 19th is my 1st race in the ranger getting very excited. Its a blast strapped in with the 5point harnesses. Havent drove the poor ranger in since Tuesday now LOL, it might be feeling neglected, it was serving daily driving duties after I sold my car.

This weekend taking the raptor down to St.Joe state park, to run sand flats :) Should be a blast.

Yea, the Ranger to Raptor Front clip would be pretty sweet. Unfortunely only mods planned for ranger at this time, is a 2nd set of narrow 33 mud tires for trails and eventually 4.56 gears, well that in put my detroit locer in the rear. July 19th is my 1st race in the ranger getting very excited. Its a blast strapped in with the 5point harnesses. Havent drove the poor ranger in since Tuesday now LOL, it might be feeling neglected, it was serving daily driving duties after I sold my car.

This weekend taking the raptor down to St.Joe state park, to run sand flats :) Should be a blast.
Sounds like a lot of fun, I have not been there in a while. My new house is about an hour from there. Carter is begging me to take him to smorr this weekend.

Bring him down to St.Joe State park, Saturday, vry nice swimming and several Raptors will be running around, I may have an extra seat or 2 :)

Back