'97 Ford Exp Sport Trac Tranny issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'97 Ford Exp Sport Trac Tranny issues

Mousssey

Reaction score
City, State
mousssey@bresnan.net
Year, Model & Trim Level
mousssey@bresnan.net
Ok I have looked everywhere and found no luck with my exact problem. My brother said that by my Vin my tranny is 5R44/55E A5LDE and is a 4.0 pushrod V-6 X vin.

This issue I am having is reverse and drive. If I put it in either it will move but barely, accelerating does nothing. I can put it in 1st and/or 2nd and have no problems at all. I took it to AZ since no check engine lights were on and codes P0715 which is input TSS and P0401 which is EGR. I have read in many places the TSS is external and other places it states it is internal. I found this but can not tell if internal or external. http://www.fordexplorerclub.ru/Alex/Transmission/5R55E.pdf
I also read somewhere where the DTR can cause issues with the EGR so curious if I should change the TSS before changing EGR to see if the other sensor could be causing the issues? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

5R55E has internal TSS. If you are suspecting the DTR just test it. I would not recommend throwing electrical parts at that without testing first. Possibly have the computer scanned for transmission trouble codes.

Back