A/C on & in gear truck's idle surges and stalls | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C on & in gear truck's idle surges and stalls

ExplorerNit

Reaction score
City, State
Enterprise,AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and this question actually has to do with my wifes 01 Explorer Sport. I'm baffled by the problem and so are many of my friends. Okay so here's the problem

When she turns on the A/C it works. However if you put the truck in gear the RPMS drop off (more like surge when the compressor kicks on) and sometimes it stalls out. The compressor cycles off and on as well once the truck is in gear. The catch is that it only does this when its in gear. In park the truck and A/C run fine. The odd thing is that the computer is not throwing any codes when this happens :rolleyes:

I have replaced the IAC and I have also replaced the pressure switch (the sensor on the back left of the engine if your looking at it from the front) and the problem still persists. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

it could be low on refrigerant(sp) r134 put a gauge on your low side and see if it is now low

a/c stall problem

my ford 2001 is experiencing similar problems. First it would surge and stall and stops signs. I replaced the iac valve no luck, then i replaced the little rubber L tube. it was cracked. Worked great for a few weeks, now it's back to stalling when the a/c is on on and i come to a stop sign. it'll run fine if the a/c is off. did you figure out your problem? can anyone help me?

Back