A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Got it, Peter.
And how about seats heating/cooling buttons size?
I have 4 seat buttons showing. Two for the driver (heat and A/C) and two for the passenger (heat and A/C). It looks like you have a middle one for heated steering wheel which I don't have. The first picture in Russian looks like the Explorer doesn't have cooled seats so it just show the driver and passenger heated seats.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That translates to V3.6.2 which is the latest SYNC/MFT update. Just wondering why the screen doesn't show the outside temperature next to the time. The compass is larger on yours because you don't have navigation. With navigation, the compass is smaller and the street name that you are on is displayed below the compass.

Peter

There is a setting that you can turn on and off the temp display next to the time.

I have waited until owning the vehicle for almost 18 months before commenting here. Sync is the single biggest piece of **** I have ever spent my hard earned money on. It is borderline dangerous. I am shocked their has not been a class action law suit. I will NEVER buy another ford product because of this. I wanted to upgrade my wifes explorer to the sport and was possibly thinking of getting a new stang for myself. After being bamboozled like this, it will never happen!!!!!

I have waited until owning the vehicle for almost 18 months before commenting here. Sync is the single biggest piece of **** I have ever spent my hard earned money on. It is borderline dangerous. I am shocked their has not been a class action law suit. I will NEVER buy another ford product because of this. I wanted to upgrade my wifes explorer to the sport and was possibly thinking of getting a new stang for myself. After being bamboozled like this, it will never happen!!!!!
It is indeed unfortunate that you are having issues with SYNC/MFT system. I don't see why it would be considered dangerous though. The reports of the system 'going black' have been relatively few in number compared to the number that are in service. To me, the sudden loss of steering is a 'dangerous' issue that may possible warrant a class action suit. The issues with the MyFord Touch system were well documented prior to your purchase of the Explorer and were the main cause for the downgrading of Ford's reliability vehicle rankings. Ford continually strives to improve the system with periodic updates and the system has been much improved since it was installed in the 2011 Explorers. There continue to be a few issues with MFT with navigation tracking seemingly to be the most common. The stability of the ambient lighting seems to have been affected by the latest update but neither, in my estimation, would be what I consider dangerous. Frustrating yes, but not dangerous.
For what it's worth, my system has been almost flawless since I picked up the EX 3 years ago. Am I concerned about possible exhaust smell, water leaks and steering loss in my next Explorer. Yes, I am, but it probably won't prevent me from getting another one if that is the vehicle of choice next March.

Peter

it doesn't have to be dangerous to warrant a class action suit. it DOES NOT operate as advertised. it is incredibly finicky. phones and devices may or may not connect at any given time. frustrating is an under statement!!! when your daughters ipad connects for a week straight but when you decide to go on a 3 hour trip fails to connect no matter what desperate attempts you make all while pulled off the road wasting precious time, it makes you want to smash things!!! no rhyme or reason. forget navigation it is useless, literally useless. Any smartphone has MUCH better usefulness. They will find results better, navigate better with better accuracy. Not to mention it is easier to operate. MFT was a major fail! I dont think there are many people who would argue with that. It seems as if Ford agrees with their decision to move from microsoft to QNX for future iterations.

My dangerous comments have to do with the fact that when you are constantly fiddling with it to make a phone join, pulling on and off road ways, etc. it is not as safe as a vehicle were you did not have to do this. sometimes it decides to skip tracks, the only way to solve is rebooting phone/tablet. It is frustrating and CAN take focus off the road.

agree............oh but Ford is working on fixing it, just ask Rebecca and the Ford iv team!!! they sell you junk and then hire some liars to cover up all of the KNOWN problems. i will be going to back GM or euro manufacture once this nightmare is over.

What's the title of this thread????

Time to close it out I think.

it doesn't have to be dangerous to warrant a class action suit. it DOES NOT operate as advertised. it is incredibly finicky. phones and devices may or may not connect at any given time. frustrating is an under statement!!! when your daughters ipad connects for a week straight but when you decide to go on a 3 hour trip fails to connect no matter what desperate attempts you make all while pulled off the road wasting precious time, it makes you want to smash things!!! no rhyme or reason. forget navigation it is useless, literally useless. Any smartphone has MUCH better usefulness. They will find results better, navigate better with better accuracy. Not to mention it is easier to operate. MFT was a major fail! I dont think there are many people who would argue with that. It seems as if Ford agrees with their decision to move from microsoft to QNX for future iterations.

My dangerous comments have to do with the fact that when you are constantly fiddling with it to make a phone join, pulling on and off road ways, etc. it is not as safe as a vehicle were you did not have to do this. sometimes it decides to skip tracks, the only way to solve is rebooting phone/tablet. It is frustrating and CAN take focus off the road.
Mine and the majority do operate as advertised. Yes, some have issues with it, there's no denying that but it doesn't make IT dangerous. No one should be 'fiddling with it' while driving in the first place. I have never had an issue with the phone and if I should, while driving, it's no big deal. I've driven for 45 years without a mobile phone. I'm not the type that is obsessed with having to be 'in touch' every minute of every day. From what you describe, it doesn't sound like it is the MFT that is creating the 'dangerous' situation.

Peter

agree............oh but Ford is working on fixing it, just ask Rebecca and the Ford iv team!!! they sell you junk and then hire some liars to cover up all of the KNOWN problems. i will be going to back GM or euro manufacture once this nightmare is over.

You want to go back to GM? Have you not seen the recent recalls...?

You want to go back to GM? Have you not seen the recent recalls...?
At one time it seems he was wanting to go to Hyundai. Don't think he really knows what he wants. He doesn't want his Explorer that is clear. All issues were well documented before he bought it.

Peter

MFT was a major fail! I dont think there are many people who would argue with that.

I have MFT in a 2012 Focus and in a 2014 Explorer, I like MFT. Sure it has some issues, but I am very well versed on what those issues are in most cases. I don't ask it to do things I know won't work. It is what it is. The operating systems on a smartphone and tablet are to blame for many of the connection and non-connection issues that exist.

I had a 2011 EX and now a 2013 EX. On both of them, I connected the phone on bluetooth and never fiddled with it one time. It always connects and always works. He must have a smartphone problem, not an MFT problem.

The massive GM recalls... Those are some serious safety issues. Talk to folks with Euro products and ask them about maintenance costs. I love my MFT. Much more capable than my wife's new Altima. I'll live with a GPS that gets lost for a while a hand full of times a year. I have one of the first 2011's and I am running the same SW as the latest 2014. ~7 updates in 3+years. At this point, I my thought is just don't break it with any future update.

And here we go!
Please welcome SYNC 2014
image.jpg

so what version is this (i have no idea what that screen says)
Here is translation
Serial number: ###
Vehicle identification number (VIN): ###
CCPU S/W version: 4.31.13319_PRODUCT
Navigation software version: 3.59.3
Map data version: F1

Latest official Sync version has CCPU S/W version 4.30.13171.
So I believe that is new Sync version coming out soon.

I'd like to help with this, edub. Which phone do you have, at any point did get an error during the iPad situation, and can you explain the skipping tracks issue?

trysixty,

I apologize that you are unhappy; however, I am not able to help you unless you send me the information I have requested several times.

Here is translation
Serial number: ###
Vehicle identification number (VIN): ###
CCPU S/W version: 4.31.13319_PRODUCT
Navigation software version: 3.59.3
Map data version: F1

Latest official Sync version has CCPU S/W version 4.30.13171.
So I believe that is new Sync version coming out soon.

Please note that different countries have different versions of MFT.

Rebecca

GM and the Euro bunch have their problems also. All brands do.
I have never had any problems with MFT or Sync in my Ex. I did have phone problems with a Samsung Galaxy, but no problems with my Nokia Lumia and my wife's Iphone 5.

I also think that if someone buys a vehicle just for it's infotainment system, they have problems other than what they are experiencing with MFT. Just saying.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GPS fixed, finally?

I've had issues with the GPS in my '11 Explorer since new and numerous trips to the dealer have not improved it at all. About 3 weeks ago on the advice of the In Vehicle Tech (IVT) people I had the GPS recalibrated and the latest update installed. Cost? $163. Did it fix the problems ("NO GPS w/red X, icon wandering across fields rivers and 5 miles out in the ocean)? No. A call back to IVT, a short discussion and the $163 was refunded. BTW my vehicle, at 66K miles, is out of warrantee.
I agreed to let the dealer (Riverhead Ford, Riverhead, NY) have the Explorer for a couple of days so they could look in depth as to what might be causing my issues. Four days later, after relocating the GPS module, reprograming it several times and finally finding 2 other modules that should have had the same program version, but were different and NOT communicating with each other, Ford dumped the entire GPS program and all associated software and reloaded it as it would come from the factory on a new vehicle. For the first time in 3 years, I've gone 2 full weeks without a GPS problem. It tracks where I am and has not gone off course even once. The dealer negotiated with a supervisor at IVT for a full day and I emailed her also trying to have Ford Corporate cover the expense of all of this work. At the end of the day, they agreed and I got my SUV back with no receipt of work done and NO charge. I figure they spent at least 16 hours, at $115/per, for a total of $1840 plus tax.
I am very pleased that Ford did the right thing be me!
-Steve-

Back