A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Why should I lost the navigation? This is what I can find on my Ford account:

EA5T-14D544-AB
ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE UPDATE
The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:
Language and Driving
Language support for UK English, EU Spanish, EU French, German, EU Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Turkish, Swedish*, Polish*, and Australian English
Right-hand drive occupancy mode Navigation
Navigation
Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
Traffic Message Channel (TMC) Support (Europe and other markets)
Mute button added to Navigation map screen
Estimated Time of Arrival instead of Time to Destination now displayed on map screen
GPS Coordinate entry (Europe only)
Hazard spot warnings
Radio
Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB)

So I just need this version??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you install 3.7 update from your Ford account (syncmyride.com) you will only get a version for North America. No European language navigation will not correct work in Europe. How I said, your custom version of 3.7 is to build direct for your car and will not work on any other car!

Hm, ok. So it's not as easy as I thought

Here you can download the version 3.7 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_VJeqNArsTWXzRXalNfM2V1dEU/edit

It's the european version, we installed it after 3.6.2 in order to get the russian language support (both menu's and voice command).
You can't install the 3.7 EU on a 3.7 US MFT

Beware, don't try to downgrade it! It burns your APIM!

[MENTION=281835]Aubergine[/MENTION]! We are 1.5 hours away. Come to our repairhop and we change your system how you like it. Also I could coding EU frequencies.

Focus

Does this also pertain to the Focus, cause my screen just went black !

Does this also pertain to the Focus, cause my screen just went black !
When the MFT screen goes black it usually is a sign that the APIM needs to be replaced. It has a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. At least it does on the Explorer.

Peter

I am considering a 2012 Used Limited. I assume that I need to make sure the MFT is version 3.7? Are there still issues with the system after version 3.7? Reading this forum is making me seriously reconsider buying an Explorer as it doesn't seem to have any less issues than our Acadia.

I am considering a 2012 Used Limited. I assume that I need to make sure the MFT is version 3.7? Are there still issues with the system after version 3.7? Reading this forum is making me seriously reconsider buying an Explorer as it doesn't seem to have any less issues than our Acadia.

2012 Explorer gonna either have 3.6 or latest 3.8. Version 3.7 was only for 2013+ vehicles.
As to buginess, they are all about the same. So you should be good, except if it still on 3.5 which was the crapiest version ever.

Attention Explorer owners!

A faster, better MyFord Touch® is right around the corner. Ford has developed an exciting new MyFord Touch® Performance Upgrade® for your vehicle that will, in addition to several other benefits, improve the speed and efficiency of the MyFord Touch® interface. We will be detailing these improvements in the weeks to come with a series of videos that you can find right here on this thread. Upgrade packets will be mailed to owners over the next few weeks. Check out the video below to learn more about what's included in this exciting upgrade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdnrFOuh7KA

Rebecca

Hello, it says the video is private. I just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited two weeks ago, and I have an update on my thumb drive set to install soon. I ran my Health Check successfully first, and now am ready to update with the thumb drive.

I want to wait until I have a 30 minute drive so I don't have to idle the vehicle for that duration. I hope the update helps, sometimes the voice feature simply doesn't work, such as on the USB command for my iPod, or streaming Pandora from my iPhone via Bluetooth, I cannot change stations. Is there a command that does that which I don't know about? Please advise.

Hello, it says the video is private. I just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited two weeks ago, and I have an update on my thumb drive set to install soon. I ran my Health Check successfully first, and now am ready to update with the thumb drive.

I want to wait until I have a 30 minute drive so I don't have to idle the vehicle for that duration. I hope the update helps, sometimes the voice feature simply doesn't work, such as on the USB command for my iPod, or streaming Pandora from my iPhone via Bluetooth, I cannot change stations. Is there a command that does that which I don't know about? Please advise.

I'm not sure MFT voice commands will do that, but the new version with SIRI hands free should, I think.

I'm planning on updating the Synch today via USB. How can I ensure I have the latest version of MFT?

I'm planning on updating the Synch today via USB. How can I ensure I have the latest version of MFT?

Synch?

If you want to see you latest version of SYNC or SYNC w/MFT you get your VIN and log onto www.syncmyride.com.

It gives you the latest version to download.

Once you have loaded the update and you go into the 'Settings' on the MFT screen and check the Software Info it should show you this;
CCPU S/W Version 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT

Peter

Hi CC Rider,

Congrats on your purchase! That video was posted in 2012; it's been updated and removed from the YouTube page. Check out this link: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...rtainment/explore-entertainment-by-voice.html It gives you the available commands for all music sources.

Also, peterk9 is correct. You can check your CCPU in the vehicle to determine the software. Select the GEARS icon then HELP. Choose SYSTEM INFORMATION, and the CCPU should be listed there.

Shaay

Unexpected Reboot

Last week, while driving, my head unit started to not respond. Pushing knobs, MFT screen, no response. Radio, nav, nothing worked. About two minutes later the screen went black and SYNC appeared on the screen. A reboot commenced and when finished all was working properly. Was this random, an MSFT hiccup, or an over-air update?

Last week, while driving, my head unit started to not respond. Pushing knobs, MFT screen, no response. Radio, nav, nothing worked. About two minutes later the screen went black and SYNC appeared on the screen. A reboot commenced and when finished all was working properly. Was this random, an MSFT hiccup, or an over-air update?

MFT hiccup, nothing to worry about. MFT is not capable of over the air updates.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back