• Register Today It's free!

a little more lift in the rear?

jeffseal

Reaction score
City, State
Alpharetta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
I have done the torsion bars and spindles up front for about 5 inches. I have 4 inch superlift springs in the back so my front sits up about an inch higher. I dont want to let the front down anymore because i am going to move up to 35's (i also have 3 inch body lift) I thought about doing a spring over but my old leafs had an add a leaf in them and i didnt want to have my back sit up higher than the front. my question is how much lift will the war shackles give me and will it tool bad with the super lift springs and body lift. my stock shackles already hang a little low.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Opinion if you do the SOA it will leave out the truck a little better. So do the SOA so you can make a little more room for the 35 that your going to run

pull out the add a leaf and then do a SOA, if it is still higher crank the bars a little more! or get some stock springs and put the add a leaf in them and do a SOA that way, actually after rereading your post an SOA with your Superlift springs should give you about 9"-10" lift which is WAY WAY TOO much so go with option #2

well i already bought the 4 inch superlifts and installed them so i dont realy want to start over with the spring over. and i am afraid the soa will leave me about a half inch to high in the back. i would rather the front be higher than the back. would a war shacle put me over 5 inches?

Or go to an off-road shop and tell them you want shackles that will give you about an inch of lift. Give them the measurments of you stock ones and they should be able to help you.

you DONT want to do a soa with the 4" lift springs.... your have like 10" of lift.... haha..... not to mention no rear driveshaft.... you could put the stock springs back on and do a soa....

Jeff,

Start over, I have done what you have done, so what is it you are looking for. I just went through all of this too. =)

Warrior shackles

When I put the Warrior shackles on my Sport I got 1 1/2" of lift that has since dropped down to 1" after some 4-wheeling. Don't know if your multi-leafs will act the same as my single leaf but the Warrior's should get you close to where you want to be.

Back