a lot trac audio questions

roughrider17

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
Hey guys
Recently the stock speakers have just not been cutting it so i figured its time to upgrade, but i plan on doing it slowly so i can be sure i like what im getting, so today i ordered 2 Pioneer A series for the front two doors.

Anyways i have a 10" kicker as well as a 300 watt kicker amp (i think) so what i am wondering is if i like the A series and get two more for the other doors will the stock deck be enough to power the four speakers? or will i definitely need to upgrade it, and supplement it with a 5 channel amp...

Next question is does anyone know exactly how much power the stock deck sends to each speaker?

Sorry for the long post but finally, i know alot of guys have upgraded speakers so when you installed it did you use an adapter? and did you need to get a new ring to mount it ? or did it screw right in to the factory holes...

Again sorry for the long post haha
Thanks, roughrider

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't speak to anything but the speakers. I put some Pioneer 5x7/6x8 speakers in the doors and they mount right up, no mounting plate needed. When I ordered them they came with the wiring adapters free so I just used them.

roughrider maybe I misunderstood but If your asking does the stock radio have ebough ampage to push your new door speakers then yes. if not then there is a problem some where. you shouldn't need a amp to just run your door speakers. and like upther said it just depends on what size speakers you got.but they should mount right up if you went back witht the same size speaker as stock.

also i have seen a lot of people run amp to door speakers or 6x9's and me personally i wouldn't do it because there is a bug chance of blowing the speakers. if played to loud. but that is my personal opinion

Upther: thanks alot! for the wiring adapters, im assuming you needed to do some connections, did you just use butt connecters or did you use another method?
or was there no connections required?

Chris: Yes that's what i was asking thank you!
I did end up finding an EXCELLENT deal for a pioneer double din so i decided to buy it.
And i went with the same sized speaker as stock (6x8) so im glad to hear that !
And finally thanks ! i was worried about amperage and if i had the correct amount haha !

Upther: thanks alot! for the wiring adapters, im assuming you needed to do some connections, did you just use butt connecters or did you use another method?
or was there no connections required?

I didn't need to make my own connections. The seller I got them from on Amazon included the adapters that just plug right into the factory speaker connection. If the speakers you bought didn't come with that then you'll have to cut off the factory plug and add some butt connectors.

Back