A-pillar Spotlight part II | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A-pillar Spotlight part II

Well, the cop light is finally installed! After two unsuccessful attempts to install it myself, I had my mechanic do it. Michael and I tried to install it at Kris' house a few weeks ago, but we couldn't get the hole drilled correctly. I then tried to fix it a few days ago and messed it up even more. For a while I had a 3/4" x 2" hole in my door covered with masking tape.

All I gotta say is, my mechanic is a god! He took the crappy hole that we'd drilled, smoothed it out, finished it, and installed the light. He used body filler and silicone to fill in the imperfections of the hole and the light works great! It's actually one of the best Apillar installs I've ever seen, and it doesn't leak! I have full horizontal rotation of the light from pointing to the passenger side Apillar all the way around to point at the driver's Dpillar. Vertical rotation is slightly more restrictive, but still has a wide range. And boy is the light bright! It's supposed to be somewhere around 230,000 CP. It's way brighter than my driving lights, which are much brighter than my high beams.

Below are my pics, all I got left to say is Woohoo!

View

View

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally got it done and nobody replies.....hmmmm, maybe y'all are all disappointed I couldn't do it myself.

I'm going to go cry now........or just go postal :shoot: :fire:

sweet

dont go postal

too many kids doing it now adays

cant have adults do it too

Hmmm. . .I don't know. I think I like my handheld Million CP spot better.
Very original though.

Damn that's sweet :eek: I've been wanting to do that for a while now.My friend has a salvage yard with a bunch of wrecked sqaud cars but I could never fiqure out how to get the lights off.Which model light did you use?That is so @#%$% sweet!

It's the HID Unity brand light from Galls.com. I'd pull out the instructions and tell you how to take them apart, but they're in Houston with most of my stuff that's already been moved. If I remember correctly, there are a couple of screws that hold the shaft and the 90deg bend together. Just undo those screws and the two halves should come apart. You will need to undo the mounting brackets from both the inside and outside and the entire assembly should pull out. Most spotlights are made by Unity, and they're all of similar construction. Good luck!

I like it Alec....I'll bet that throughs a hell of a beam down the road. Keep up the good work....

Back