• Register Today It's free!

abandoned in Tallahassee....

jeudi

Reaction score
City, State
tallahassee, fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005.... V8
I am a new member and need HELP!!! I have a 2005 Explorer, V8.. and the gear shift is locked in park! My back brake lights will not function either... AAA could not find a fuse that was bad, HOWEVER, since they could not tow it, do to no wheel movement...it is sitting in alot... I need this car fror my life.... any suggestions .. PLEASE help me, I am single, no knothing about card and hat taking it to the dealership! Judi dunn::(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sometimes get under dash and rock switch by hand and it will start working again but its only temporary there should be a shift overide looks like a key slot on shifter or try to shift into neutral and start it there do this by turning the key one notch and move shifter then start it hope this helps

What you can do to get it in gear is to put the key to the on position, shift it into neutral start it then put it in gear. And like others have said its the brake light switch mounted below the steering wheel by the brake pedal.. Follow the pedal up and you should see the switch.

Many thanks for the speedy responses.. I will be there at the crack of dwn to see of any of the suggestions work.. i hope my car has not been stripped! It is always something in this crazy world we live and drive in! Judi D.

Back