• Register Today It's free!

ABS Light

wisneski7

Reaction score
City, State
Green Bay, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
I just bought my '01 and it has the ABS light on. Is there a sensor that would cause this? If so where is it located, and where is the best place to purchase? The light is on constantly from when started till turned off. Thanks!

Aaron

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It could be a sensor, but it could also be other things too.

Most people suggest cleaning the sensors first, if that doesn't work, take it somewhere that does brakes to have the codes read.

rcs_atl

Replace the speed sensor located on top of the differential. $20 and 20 min., you will be done and ready to go.

Sounds good, thanks. Is this located up front or in the rear?

Aaron

rcs_atl

The sensor is located: top, front, just a little towards the drivers side. You will need a 5/16" socket wrench. Be careful not to break the locking tabs on the wire connector, they get brittle over time. I used two very small (1/8" wide) screwdrivers to pry out the tabs just enough to disconnect the connector. Make sure you clean the around the area to be worked on, usually its nasty and cleaning will keep most of the trash out of your eyes. Hope this does the trick for you. I just replaced the sensors on both of my Explorers.

Back