Ac blows warm air when hard acceleration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ac blows warm air when hard acceleration

fiogarofalo

Reaction score
City, State
DAVENPORT
Year, Model & Trim Level
Base, explorer 2011
Hello and thanks for having me on the forums.

I have a 2011 Explorer that for the love of god i cannot find any information anywhere and thought i might find the information in here:

AC works as intended until i start accelerating hard. AC doors let air from the exterior come inside when its not supposed to, blower turns itself down a few speeds apparently. This lasts around 5 to 10 seconds, even if i stop accelerating it will still "takes its time" to go back at blowing full speed and cold air. This would sound like a vacuum leak in any other vehicule, but i belive these cars dont suffer from that. So im completely lost on this one.

Any info would greatly appreciate it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello and thanks for having me on the forums.

I have a 2011 Explorer that for the love of god i cannot find any information anywhere and thought i might find the information in here:

AC works as intended until i start accelerating hard. AC doors let air from the exterior come inside when its not supposed to, blower turns itself down a few speeds apparently. This lasts around 5 to 10 seconds, even if i stop accelerating it will still "takes its time" to go back at blowing full speed and cold air. This would sound like a vacuum leak in any other vehicule, but i belive these cars dont suffer from that. So im completely lost on this one.

Any info would greatly appreciate it.
Might be low on refrigerant or because of the recall. Its designed to stop max ac when hard acceleration is present due to reprogramming of computer. Sounds like the later.

I dont know, everything was fine and dandy a while back. Refrigerant is fine too. No reprogramming done.

I did forgot to mention, this all started when i changed my evaporator. Redid all the evaporator work but nothing changed. Everything is installed correctly as we reinstall everything. Well, a certified mechanic that is.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are you sure that the exterior air is entering the cabin? Outside air is controlled by the "recirc" button. Is it possible that the A/C system is just blowing warm/hot air on its own because of another issue? If this all began after the work that was done, I think that is where You should start looking.

Peter

hey there! definitely its air from the outside because of the smells. but it only happens during that scenario.

I have a 2011 explorer limited & mine does the exact same thing.

im not sure whats changed on the 5th gen, but on the 2nd gens vacuum lowers so then the vacuum controlled vent controls change the vents it comes out of and iirc can sometimes blow hot instead of cold. this is coming from a 2nd genner though, not a 5th genner

There was a recall due to the Carbon Monoxide poisoning in the cabin. Part of it was the AC reprogramming to switch to outside air during hard acceleration.

To troubleshoot try running the AC in outside air mode then accelerating. If the air gets warm, you have an AC system problem. Maybe related to engine/compressor rpm.

Back