AC bypass. What size belt to bypass the AC compressor ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AC bypass. What size belt to bypass the AC compressor ?

Andrew22Laxdad

Reaction score
City, State
MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT 3.5
Hello,

Need some direction please. 2011 explorer xlt 3.5 was in an accident recently , after all the repairs were completed, there is a major rattle from the belt tensioner at low idle. the dealer is having a hard time figuring out why and thinks its related to the AC compressor. The AC compressor was replaced months before the accident and there were no issues until after the accident. Can anyone provide an thoughts as to what might be happening? also , if it is an issue with the AC , does anyone know what size belt to use to bypass until i can do another replacement. I doubt we can claim a compressor issue from the accident.

thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All you have to do is get a piece of string and measure the belt path. Alternatively, you can cut your belt and use that to measure also. Make sure to allow for tensioner movement.

Welcome to the Forum Andrew.:wave:
Keep in mind that bypassing the A/C compressor will have some effect on your Climate Control system since it is used in Defrost mode to help dehumidify the air.

Peter

If it wasn't fixed properly, there should not be another claim...it would be part of the original claim.

A/C compressor is ceased and just want to be able to drive it until I get the compressor replaced. Any way to have the serpentine belt bypass the A/C compressor?

All my searches are just returning previous generation explorer how-tos and options.

^^ Your thread was merged with this existing one.

Peter

I assume the collision occurred in the area of the a/c compressor. If so, and it was damaged from the accident, you can have the repair shop that performed the work add it to the insurance claim and get it replaced for free.

Back