• Register Today It's free!

Add Fog Light Indicator?

bt1987

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford PIU
I have been doing lots of research on the Fog Lights in the 11-15 Explorers, and I have found an option to enable the Fog Light indicator on the dash. The information I have states the following:

IPC 720-01-02
xxxx x8xx xxzz to enable the Fog Light Indicator
xxxx x0xx xxzz to disable the Fog Light Indicator

Well that doesn't work on the PIU... The bit at that address, when increased to 8 (or anything other than 0) gives me error messages about Collision Avoidance, Blind Spot Monitoring, etc.

Who has successfully activated the Fog Light dash indicator on a PIU? I suppose I could continue doing what I was doing to enable Remote Start and the Locks Menu. The information online for Remote Start says to use C8F3 to enable the Remote Start menu. That absolutely doesn't work for the 2014 PIU. I had to go bit by bit and compile a chart to see what the options were, and came up with 80EA in order to add the Locks menu (my default was 800A). Then to add remote start, I had to move to the next address. The second block, originally 0000, I had to go through and change to 00C0 to activate the Remote Start. So clearly, I've had to completely change two blocks of data instead of one, and the one I changed was nothing like what was suggested.

Does anyone have the code to activate the Fog Light indicator? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Set it to 1, not 8

720-01-02 xxxx *x..

Forward Collision Warning (FCW), FFV, Front Fog Lamp Indicator (FF)
0=FCW none, FFV disabled, FF disabled
8=FCW FCW+FDA, FFV disabled, FF disabled
1=FCW none, FFV disabled, FF enabled
9=FCW FCW+FDA, FFV disabled, FF enabled
2=FCW none, FFV enabled, FF disabled
A=FCW FCW+FDA, FFV enabled, FF disabled
3=FCW none, FFV enabled, FF enabled
B=FCW FCW+FDA, FFV enabled, FF enabled
4=FCW FCW, FFV disabled, FF disabled
C=FCW Truck FCW, FFV disabled, FF disabled
5=FCW FCW, FFV disabled, FF enabled
D=FCW Truck FCW, FFV disabled, FF enabled
6=FCW FCW, FFV enabled, FF disabled
E=FCW Truck FCW, FFV enabled, FF disabled
7=FCW FCW, FFV enabled, FF enabled
F=FCW Truck FCW, FFV enabled, FF enabled

Set it to 1, not 8

720-01-02 xxxx *x..

Forward Collision Warning (FCW), FFV, Front Fog Lamp Indicator (FF)
0=FCW none, FFV disabled, FF disabled
8=FCW FCW+FDA, FFV disabled, FF disabled
1=FCW none, FFV disabled, FF enabled
9=FCW FCW+FDA, FFV disabled, FF enabled
2=FCW none, FFV enabled, FF disabled
A=FCW FCW+FDA, FFV enabled, FF disabled
3=FCW none, FFV enabled, FF enabled
B=FCW FCW+FDA, FFV enabled, FF enabled
4=FCW FCW, FFV disabled, FF disabled
C=FCW Truck FCW, FFV disabled, FF disabled
5=FCW FCW, FFV disabled, FF enabled
D=FCW Truck FCW, FFV disabled, FF enabled
6=FCW FCW, FFV enabled, FF disabled
E=FCW Truck FCW, FFV enabled, FF disabled
7=FCW FCW, FFV enabled, FF enabled
F=FCW Truck FCW, FFV enabled, FF enabled

Unfortunately that didn't work, as I have a 2014 PIU.

However, I had some time today to sit and flip bits. I've just about found everything possible on the IPC at this rate.

I found the Fog Light Indicator on the 2014 PIU finally. It is located at 720-01-01: xxxx x..* xxzz.
The full rundown of 720-01-01 xxxx x..* xxzz:
0-1, 8-9 - No Fog Lamp, No TPMS
2-3, A-B - TPMS
4-5, C-D - Fog Light Indicator
6-7, E-F - TPMS, Fog Light Indicator.

Anyone have tips on the 2018 PIU? I added OU headlight switch with fog lights, enables in the BCM and IPC through forscan but still get no dash indicator and no power to the harness?? As a test, I also enabled rear fog lights and the telltale (rear dome light). The telltale worked when I hit the button. I have since disables the rear fog and telltale but the dome light still goes off and on with the press of the Foglight button. So confused..

Have you tried reversing the FORScan changes you made to see if that clears the dome light problem? I'm not sure why the dome light has anything to do with foglights.

Peter

Have you tried reversing the FORScan changes you made to see if that clears the dome light problem? I'm not sure why the dome light has anything to do with foglights.

Peter
I did do an "As Built" restore on the IPC. No change. I Did not try reverting the BCM yet. The back dome light is just an indicator that the rear fog lights are turned on or off.

I did do an "As Built" restore on the IPC. No change. I Did not try reverting the BCM yet. The back dome light is just an indicator that the rear fog lights are turned on or off.
Thanks for the explanation. I don't know why FORScan would have settings for that since the Explorer doesn't have rear fog lights. I don't use FORScan so I'm guessing it is just a generic program.

Peter

Back