Add new rims and Subwoofers to my 2002 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Add new rims and Subwoofers to my 2002 Explorer

i neeeed subs!

i have a 2002 explorer with third row with rear a/c and Ive been trying to find something to fit in the cargo space but, all the formed subs wont fit with rear a/c. whats the dimension i will need for a box to fit behind the third row? do you have any suggestion im all ears here i really want some thump in my ride!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a 2002 explorer with third row with rear a/c and Ive been trying to find something to fit in the cargo space but, all the formed subs wont fit with rear a/c. whats the dimension i will need for a box to fit behind the third row? do you have any suggestion im all ears here i really want some thump in my ride!

what about an active sub that would fit under the seats? Something like: http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/151...ItemTypes&cbt=y&_lwgsi=y&item_id=151029663783

Wadup everybody! Well I cant fit no stealth box in my ride. So wut would be a good box I can fit behind my third row? It a 2002 Ford explorer! Need my third row but what would be a slim box I could fit. Plz and thnxs for the help! Just read your post and that seems like its cool but not big enough I now want a box I could fit back there behind my third row

Someone on here (I think an active member - whose name unfortunately is escaping me right now) has EXACTLY what you're referring to. Run a bunch of searches through the 2002-05 forums and a thread-specific search in the 3rd-Gen Pic thread with some keywords to seek it out.

Would this work for you?
IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0270-1.jpg

IMAG0272-1.jpg

It's only an 8" but its a T-Line box so its equivalent to roughly 2 10"s. The lows can shake my steering wheel and rear view mirror

if you want more bumps, 12" shallow mounts inside sealed truck boxes work too. You'd probably want to mount them differently, but i only had mine for a week
IMAG0535.jpg

These fit fine with enough room for woofer flex when the hatch is closed

thank you bros. ive been looking at part 11phd12 and jl audio CS210-WXv2 so just lemme kno wut u guys think is better. Ive also been lookin at kicker ks68 and been wondering if they have any thump to em.

Back