Aviator for Explorer??? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aviator for Explorer???

Sounds like a good plan. My mechanic said the parking brake needs new shoes which cost $250. I don't use the brake enough to pay that much!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shoot the mechanic, parts store parking brake pads for a 95-01 are about $22 a set. If you can do drum brake linings, they are about the same, just smaller. It's not really an easy job, but not too bad if the rotor comes off easily.

Haha, but this is an '04 Aviator, and I checked the price on the Motorcraft site and they are about $130 bucks a set. By the way, are "shoes" the same as parking brake pads?

Yes they can be called that. I like the parts store brands for parking brake pads, those are less. I paid about $90 for the Ford pads on my 98 Mountaineer, back then they were the only choice. See what they cost for an Aviator at a parts store.

So I took the subwoofer out of my explorer and called Best Buy to see if they could install it in the Aviator for me. They insist that it won't work in the Aviator! I don't see how it wouldn't since many Aviators come standard with that exact same sub!

They probably thought you meant like plug and play.....you'll obviously have to wire the whole thing up and whatnot lol

I knew it wasn't plug and play because the Aviator didn't have the harness. That's why I needed Best Buy, but they refused to look at it. I'll have to find a different place.

read my thread on 'upgrading the sub on an Audiophile', its in the audio section.
It will work with a little effort.
Does the panel color match?
Essentially i reran all the wires for the sub. At the HU its only 4 wires, enable and a +/- wraped in a shield, at the sub add the power and ground and its good.

I'm glad to know it will work, but I don't have a clue when it comes to wiring. The aviator's panel is a lighter gray then the Explorer's, but I wouldn't use it anyway because the Aviator has an extra power outlet back there built into the panel.

so are you getting it for sure?

As long as I can sell my Explorer! I have it listed for 12,000 on Craigslist.

Thats a pretty good deal. I got my free oil change at the ford dealer today and they had an 05 on special for $13,995, down 1K from the original price.

Alright, so after 3 long months, I finally sold my Explorer and purchased the Aviator! I absolutely love it! As soon as I got it, I replaced all of the tires and brakes. I plan to give it a full L.E.D. conversion on the interior lights and purchase an aftermarket audio system.

Alright now lets see some pics!

Pictures or it didn't happen :p:

Attachments

• useless.jpg
    useless.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 334

yeah I want to see pictures too:D

Alright, since you guys want pictures, here you go. This is all I have right now. I took them on my phone when I was at my Grandma's house for Thanksgiving. How does she look?

mail

mail

mail

I'll take some nice pictures eventually...

pics didn`t work:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They show up for me. Reload or whatever.

Back