CavCop

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Killeen, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer King Ranch
Not sure exactly where to post this.
Neither my old iPhone XS Max nor my new iPhone 15 Pro Max would fit in the tiny 2020+ Ford Explorer wireless charger. Kind of sad Ford in 2019 did not see how big cellphones were, and still failed to make a large enough charger in 2024. Granted I usually just tossed my phone in a slot on my F150. With the Explorer, I decided to get a phone mount system and went with Mob Armor. Was a little nervous with all the magnets and electronics, but I guess MagSafe, is safe.
Did this video going over it. So far it meets my needs. Almost wish the mount was a little taller to record the roadway when driving.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure exactly where to post this.
Neither my old iPhone XS Max nor my new iPhone 15 Pro Max would fit in the tiny 2020+ Ford Explorer wireless charger. Kind of sad Ford in 2019 did not see how big cellphones were, and still failed to make a large enough charger in 2024. Granted I usually just tossed my phone in a slot on my F150. With the Explorer, I decided to get a phone mount system and went with Mob Armor. Was a little nervous with all the magnets and electronics, but I guess MagSafe, is safe.
Did this video going over it. So far it meets my needs. Almost wish the mount was a little taller to record the roadway when driving.

That was a well done review. I set you up with a 3 month Elite membership for your effort.:chug:

That was a well done review. I set you up with a 3 month Elite membership for your effort.:chug:
Thanks.
Added a link to the forum in the description box on YouTube.

Hope to do a review of WeatherTech floor liners in Cocoa vs the factory vs the Ford weather floor liners, and the cup holder hero pads that go in the small storage areas.

Also might use my reward points to get the Ford front hood deflector and Timberline engine/trans guard.

Also might use my reward points to get the Ford front hood deflector and Timberline engine/trans guard.

I added the Timberline skid plate to my '20 ST.

I added the Timberline skid plate to my '20 ST.

My first week of owning my Explorer, I hit a small 1 gallon bucket (like for plaster) on the highway. Aimed dead center on my vehicle, and realized my F150 sat much higher, as it bounced around and shot out the back. Then last week hit a tire strip off a semi on the highway that flopped around underneath, before going over it. Thought I might have cracked my front, but no noticeable damage. Figure the extra protection and ease for oil changes will be worth it.

Did you notice any different sounds/wind noise with it?

Back