adding a selection to the stock fogs switch (3rd gen) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

adding a selection to the stock fogs switch (3rd gen)

ok so while i was converting all my stock green lights on the interior to blue leds...i noticed something on the fog switch.

for those of you with it ..you know how you pull the dial out to turn on our fog lights...well it turns out if you take it apart and trim a little plastic off on the inside it can pop out a second time and it supplies 12v to a different (unused when stock) pin on the back connector.

so i decided to toy around and i trimmed the plastic and ran a wire from the new 12v point to a relay for my kc's and viola..

pull it out one click-fogs on
pull it out two clicks - fogs and kc's on

im still curious why ford made the pull out dial have 2 positions when it only needed one..but hey works for me..

ill try and get some pics and a video up but this is an AWESOME way to rig up auxiliary lights without having to find a place for a switch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats awsome i might do that for my reverse camera. or maybe my safari bar lights

ok so while i was converting all my stock green lights on the interior to blue leds...i noticed something on the fog switch.

for those of you with it ..you know how you pull the dial out to turn on our fog lights...well it turns out if you take it apart and trim a little plastic off on the inside it can pop out a second time and it supplies 12v to a different (unused when stock) pin on the back connector.

so i decided to toy around and i trimmed the plastic and ran a wire from the new 12v point to a relay for my kc's and viola..

pull it out one click-fogs on
pull it out two clicks - fogs and kc's on

im still curious why ford made the pull out dial have 2 positions when it only needed one..but hey works for me..

ill try and get some pics and a video up but this is an AWESOME way to rig up auxiliary lights without having to find a place for a switch

Looking forward to the pictures. Great discovery...

Does it stay hot when you go to highbeems mine shut off I would rather stay on

this is good to know... might be able to use that for underglows or KC's when I get around to it.

I think it goes off with the high beams.. To be honest I coulnt tell you though bc I never use my high beams since I got kc's

Back