Advice from you Pro’s…

Nicksq30

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
First off, this site totally kicks ass. :cool:

I have a 98 XLT 4WD, that just clearly needs to be lifted. I’m curious with what you guys would recommend. I plan to crank the torsion bars, add a leaf or change my shackles, for a couple inches in my suspension.

Id like to get 33’s under there, or possibly 32x11.5, but I’m not sure how much more lift (say body lift?) I would need so it won’t rub. I personally don’t like body lifts… am I going to run into trouble with the body lift like needing extensions? I’ve read that a 98 ranger body lift will fit with modification, I’m game for that but should I get the 2” or 3” for those tires?

ANY advice would be much appreciated! If anyone happens to have any nice model numbers for any of the kits laying around, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings!

Welcome.

Have you tried a search? All these questions are covered quite a bit!

Does your 98 have the air ride suspension?

2" BL and TT is more than enough for some 32's

hi nick, iv also got a 98XLT 4x4 , i added a 2"b/l , 4" leaf springs in the back, and cranked the torsion barz azwell and im able to fit BFG m/t 33s with heaps of room left and no rubbing even at full lock, im gunna go 35s soon as i get bigger rims.your probably better off going for the 3" b/l cause like most people on this site who have started with the 2" eventually go to the 3.it is made by performance accessories and the part number for the 3" is #883. hope this helps.

Back