Advice on paint / whatever else | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advice on paint / whatever else

alright so i just got my X back from the paint shop, I also had him paint the inside grill to match the 98-01 explorers. The ruff plastic trim that goes around the whole car was a purpley/mainly grey color, so one weekend I picked up some graphite grey vinyl spray paint. I taped up around the trim and painted it. It looks much better, but i thought it was going to be a little darker. The next darkest they have is black, is that the color it should be? thanks! any other comments/advice is welcome!

Here is my X http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2264261

hey sorry dont know the answer to your question but if you find out , do you want to be my best friend adn pm me and let em know. I had a problem and the grey trim in the back was stained by gasoline and i was considering painting it but definately let me know how that turns out please

thanks

chris

Chirs, I think one of us is confused. I did paint the trim with a graphite grey spray paint and it turned out great, but i just wanted to know if black it the color i am seeing on all the other explorers, and if it would look right with my color scheme.

The color is a little bit different from my old color, but you must make sure you scrub the blastic well and use some decent cleaner, especially to get that slick gasoline off or else you will just get paint that will start peeling very soon and just have to do it all over. taping around the molding is very time consuming. I used two entire cans for all the trim btw. i didnt need to use that much but just figured i would use it all and spray on like 5 coats since thats what i bought.

hope you get it the way you want!

Back