• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket CD Player/MP3 Player?

automaticj5

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
First question... On a regular cd recorder you can record MP3's right? Basically if I have a mp3 cd player I dont have to spend any more money and I can play mp3's, right? confusing but something like that. Now to the real reason for the post.. Can I get pics for those of you with aftermarket cd players that are the regular size, not double-bin... I am thinking that I want to get a double-bin cd player so it fits real flush. Any opinions on this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you want pictures of the DIN size? Or pictures of a stock size replacement (the large one). I have DIN size CD player with the converter kit (Panasonic one) picture I can e-mail to you if you want to see it. There are a lot more options for DIN rather than replacements to fit the whole stock opening.

ya send me pics of the cd player with the kit installed at automaticj5@yahoo.com... Thanks...

Also...

How hard is the install on aftermarket cd players in these cars? I mean it cant be to hard, as long as there arent any tricks or anything... the big thing is.. my controls in the backseat for the radio still work, or no?

Opinion time...

Which one woudl you pick from these?

http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/com...MP3+Players&x=40&y=2&order=priceasc&x=26&y=10

which would you pick from these:

http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/com...CD+Players&x=51&y=15&order=priceasc&x=16&y=12

please tell me why you would pick the particular one or why you wouldnt pick one of them.. Thanks..

none of the decs from the second link play mp3s. i would get the 5500 pioneer
i have the 7500 and it works great, has a better display and a few more features. just make sure the deck can read mp3s and display ID3 tags. that will show the song/title instead of the filename x...mp3 all you do is burn the mp3s directly to the cd like a data cd, you can even put them into folders to seperate different styles or whatever.
your rear seat controls will NOT work.
you also need a wiring harness that plugs into your factory wires and you can then connect it to the aftermarket deck without cutting the factory wires.
also grab a install kit that will change your radio opening to a single din slot. it will have a little pocket that takes up the rest of the space.

u could always just pass on the more money for the deck skip the mp3 ability and use an mp3 player..that way u can just pop it out if u want to listin somewhere else...or just use the REAL CD so u dont miss any tones or notes

I sent out the picture.

I got it thanks... the pocket on the installation kit is on top on that one though, kinda different..

Back