Afters of my 2003 Tacoma 3" lift+Wheels&Tires (PICS) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Afters of my 2003 Tacoma 3" lift+Wheels&Tires (PICS)

Love the taco. Had a 94 explorer, now I have a 2002 Tacoma Dcab 4wd. Have you joined Tacoma Territory yet? Its a club dedicated to Tacomas only, offroading them, modding them, etc.

Here's my black Dcab.
56.jpg
2" Old Man Emu lift and 265/75R16 Goodyear MTR's on it. And the supercharger is a nice add on also. Gives it a nice boost in power.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah, I most definitely joined the TTORA. I also hang out a lot on Yotatech and customtacos. The TTORA board is my favorite though. I like the way your ride looks. I'm about to re-gear mine. Got one set in and am waiting on the front set. I wanted back the power I lost from the lift/tires.

Rob Slade said:
Oh yeah, I most definitely joined the TTORA. I also hang out a lot on Yotatech and customtacos. The TTORA board is my favorite though. I like the way your ride looks. I'm about to re-gear mine. Got one set in and am waiting on the front set. I wanted back the power I lost from the lift/tires.

You are regearing from going from 31's to 32's? I think the stock gearing is 4.10's, what are you going to for gears? I am personally staying with my 4.10's as the power loss wasn't bad (I went from the stock crappy rugged trails in 31's to the 32 MTR's which are very heavy, before my supercharger and didn't really notice much loss). My brother on the other hand, has 33's on his double cab and even with the supercharger, exhaust, and headers, he can't stand the power loss and will probably eventually go up to 4.56's when the financial situation allows it. If you are staying with 32's and are going up to 4.56's, you will have very good crawl in your truck, but will run a decent bit higher rpms on the highway.

I have more plans for my truck, I will either swap out the springs to the next size up or go to coilovers. I will probably also go to some unibal upper arms from either total chaos or camburg. An ARB bumper up front as the grillguard kills approach, sliders, and probably a custome tubular rear bumper.

Oh, and on the Tacoma Territoriy board my username is colorado125

Yeah, I have 32's right now, but I am going to go to 33's when these wear out. My tranny downshifts way too much on the highway and around town. Plus with all the extra weight on my vehicle now it has made it dog a little.

After doing some calculations, I found that with the stock 4.10 gears and the 31's I was doing about 2364 RPMs @ 75mph. With the 4.56 gears and 32's I will be running about 2546 for a difference of about 182 RPM's. I can live with that for a while (until I get the 33's). When I get the 33's, I will be running about 2438 RPM @ 75 MPH. That's only a 74 RPM difference from the stock tires and gears at that speed. Should be about perfect for what I'm trying to do.

I'm sure you noticed when you went to your Goodyear MTR's that the increased rolling resistance caused some power problems as well, but since you're supercharged you more than made up for it. My tires also add a lot of resistance over the stock tires. I thought about going with the supercharger, but don't really want to worry about tuning it and getting the extra injector and having to run Premium fuel from now on either. Too much extra costs involved for me right now.

Oh yeah, and my name on the TTORA board is 03TRDBlack (but you probably already knew that from the pictures).

Looks great. Nice job :thumbsup:

Rob, whats the Toyota board you go to? I may get a Taco.

TarHeel085 said:
you drove by me earlier this week (i think tues) on Falls of the Nuese, great lookin truck!

Hey, thanks man. Now that I see your picture, I remember seeing you. I'll have to keep an eye out from now on and wave next time.

jimabena74 said:
im not the only one on the board with a yota ;) hey rob, have you checked out www.yotatech.com ?

Oh yeah, I see you on there all the time. Check my post about two up and I have them on my list of frequently visited.

that is a sweet a$$ truck

im also a member of ttora which is tacoma territory off road assoc.... its not jsut for tacomas but fro any toyota truck..... my truck is the predessesor of the taco

Back