AIR TANK! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AIR TANK!

BoatsRcool

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville SC (Home) Clemson SC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
GMC Yukon 4x4
Ok, I saw a 7 gallon air tank today at walmart.

It was around $18. Now, could I fill that thing with my a/c and d/c air compressor? or at the gas station? I could keep it in the back to fill up tires fast. How long would it take to fill? would it be possible to run air tools off of it? how long? I just want to know! If i ever bought an air compressor,could i hook it up to this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used to have an airbag suspenion system in my old truck. I used that 7 gallon tank you refer to. I hooked a hard line to the fill valve & had 2 onboard compressors hooked to it too fill it. It's good for filling a tire, airbag, arb system but that's about it. For use of airtools I would go with a c02 tank that is much larger. Really it is all in the compressor, how quick it will refill the tank. Hope this helps.

u will be lucky if u can fill up one tire with that tank

whats the cheapest compressor i could buy to use air tools and all.

That 7 gallon air tank fits very well on the spare tire rack. I am feeding the tank with a York a/c compressor that I mounted just to the left of the p/s pump. I use air tools and have no problem at all. I just let the tank fill first ( takes about three minutes at an idle ) before I start using the tools.

Back