• Register Today It's free!

Alberta folk..... where ya be?

Hotweels

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB
please gawd dont tell me i am the only albertian who wheel's..... i see some nicely modded explorers around town and even chatted with a few folk who know this board..... where ya all at?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm an Albertan. Calgary to boot. Sorry, the extent of my "wheeling" isn't very extensive. My Ex is geared to the street for the most part. If you see a green Eddie Bauer around town (I'm in the SE), Street Scenes grille (haven't seen another in Calgary), tinted tails etc, you've found me.

Cheers!

Where is this "Alberta" of which you speak?

canada eh!!

Where is this "Alberta" of which you speak?

har har..... funny....

If you see a green Eddie Bauer around town (I'm in the SE), Street Scenes grille (haven't seen another in Calgary), tinted tails etc, you've found me.

i drive around alot.... sooner er later i will spot ya.

yup.... canadian eh? pull yer toque's down she's gunna be a frosty nite in the igloo at -50.... good thing this years whale blubber supply is EXTRA fatty :D

pfft...-40 this year wont happen...haha. i think this week has been the coldest it has been all winter, in edmonton anyways...not sure about cow town

Hey guys, I was starting to think that I was alone here in Calgary. I'm don't have much experience either with much off roading (aside from some fun in some muddy fields by my place).

yyc_tbird_sc said:
Hey guys, I was starting to think that I was alone here in Calgary. I'm don't have much experience either with much off roading (aside from some fun in some muddy fields by my place).

A lot of people wheel out at Waiporous Creek (about 1/2 hour west of Calgary out near Cochrane) or out near Bragg Creek (McLean Creek campground is your starting point).

Just stay in designated areas. I do a lot of mountainbiking and it's amazing how many wheelers seem to think they're allowed to tear up the trails wherever they see fit (mostly dirtbikes and quads). They have a lot of trails out in Bragg Creek but people still ignore the rules.

mclean is not bad for stockers there is a huge ammount of trails that are more or less gravel hiways with the odd mud hole to splash thru.... theres also a chitload of nasty stuff to keep even the big guy's pullin cable all day....

wipeyerass is pretty fun as well.... good mix of mild to wild trails but more suited to people who like to spend the weekend.

Well since I'm still mostly stock except for 3.73 gears and 30" BFG A/T's coming soon, some rancho shocks, and a traction loc rear.....I think I'll stick to some of the lighter trails when/if I can make it out one of these days.

u would be amazed where a stocker can go with driver skill....

I'm in Cold Lake, tons of trails here but with my Ex being my daily (now only) driver, i stick to the minor trails, theres another member from Cold Lake here too on the site

Hi, I am also from Calgary. I do not take my Ex off-road very often (got more than enough of that when I played with the CF), most just for hauling stuff or the dogs around.

The Ex is a red 91 XLT that I picked up a year ago after if had been through some neglect. The body work - rust has been repaired and there is now a large red front bumper, bush rail and winch on the truck. The Ex sits pretty low and will need to be raised as I am tired with pressure washing the grass and sod from the cross-member and transfer case shield on those occassions when I do take the Ex off-road.

Look forward to seeing you guys around town or Alberta.

hehehehehe i kin sit up under mine and pry the skeg out of all the lil holes with a screw driver.... glad to see alberta has such a large explorer group...

the guy's over on www.broncoii.org are planning a RBV alberta run this summer... been told us station wagon drivers are welcome to join in the festivities..... would be a good chance to meet some of you.

Rblt91XLT said:
Hi, I am also from Calgary. I do not take my Ex off-road very often (got more than enough of that when I played with the CF), most just for hauling stuff or the dogs around.

The Ex is a red 91 XLT that I picked up a year ago after if had been through some neglect. The body work - rust has been repaired and there is now a large red front bumper, bush rail and winch on the truck. The Ex sits pretty low and will need to be raised as I am tired with pressure washing the grass and sod from the cross-member and transfer case shield on those occassions when I do take the Ex off-road.

Look forward to seeing you guys around town or Alberta.

heh.... spotted you this mornin up by SAIT.... small world...

born and raised a Calgary boy ;) and I have spent many of long weekends out in waiparous wheelin'. I just bought my explorer this past july after my F150's rear diff blew up on the way back from the grand prix in Edmonton it was the old F150's final days as the truck needed way too much work to fix. not too long after getting the explorer on the road she got her first sniff of waiparous and what a sweet smell- she did OK with 31's and a stock lift, got stuck a few times-had to take off the skid plate cause it was pushed right into the driveshaft making this terrible screeching noise....good times........ahh good times. need more ground clearance!!!

I can remove an aircraft engine in a matter of minutes ;) havent dabbled in cars though

lol.... too bad cold lake aint within "swing by fer beer an bullchit" range....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, i think its like 5hours drive or so, edmonton is 3.... never went beyond there yet since i got moved here

Back