Alec! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alec!

Hey, i want to have a bad ass explorer that can beat most ricers, rather than selling my ex and end up with my own ricer... since i just can't leave a car stock. Anyways... i have a 96 like you, and i want to consider the supercharger, but i have about 110k miles... and i just don't know if bolting on that SC would really be worth it, if i my engine would be able to hold out much longer with that bolted on. So... how many miles do you have on your 96? do you think the supercharger would be worth it on my 96?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's definately worth it, but you should probably get a rebuild first. With a rebuild with Vanir parts and the BBK kit, you could easily have over 300 hp. With stock sized tires you'd leave rubber wherever you please :D

hmm, about how much would i be looking at with a rebuild....

I would say you are looking at $2500-$3000 for a comlete rebuild plus the cost of the super charger.
By the way I have not seen many post from you lately on KCAREAEXPLORERS.:nono:

It'd be easier if it emailed me when i got a reply like i get an email here. I simply forget to check it :confused:

That's weird. I always get an e-mail reminder from from KC Area Explorers. You can't link to it like here however.

Back